SDS100/SDS200: Department quick keys

BoomerGod

Premium Subscriber
Under my system, I have 4 departments that quick keys are assigned to. If I turn off 2, 3, or 4 the other departments keep scanning. If I turn off 1, it turns off all departments. What am I doing wrong? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

TexTAC

Are you sure #1 wasn’t accidentally assigned to a site (i.e the control channels) instead of a department? Department quick keys can be assigned to sites and departments.

tvengr

Well Known Member
If you have quick keys assigned to the favorites list and system, enter the favorites list quick key followed by the decimal point followed by the system quick key followed by the decimal point followed by a department quick key and press E. If you turn off all of the systems, departments, or sites in a favorites list, you get the dreaded Nothing to Scan message. When I program scanners for others, I add a blank department with a quick key of None. In the department, there is only one TGID that is nowhere close to any talkgroup used by the system. A department without a quick key will scan whenever the system is active. With that being done, you can turn off all of the department quick keys and the system will continue to scan.