Departments getting locked out

Status
Not open for further replies.

genealle

What am I doing wrong?
Problem is sometimes I find I am only scanning 1 out of 6 Departments or maybe I'm scanning 5 out of 6 with one apparently locked out. AFAIK I'm only pressing Hold to stop and start scanning but I must be doing something else. What would I do if I WANTED to stop scanning Dept 4, how would I do it? Then restart scanning it.

I've checked the paper manual and the easy to read online manual but no joy.
TIA

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
If Location Control is involved, you could be out of range.

Department Avoid may be on.

Department Quick Key may be toggled off.

Those are the things that come to mind. If they don't resolve the issue, look for "Nothing to Scan" in the manual or "X36 Nothing to Scan Checklist" in this forum, for additional ideas.

genealle

If Location Control is involved, you could be out of range.

Department Avoid may be on.

Department Quick Key may be toggled off.

Those are the things that come to mind. If they don't resolve the issue, look for "Nothing to Scan" in the manual or "X36 Nothing to Scan Checklist" in this forum, for additional ideas.

Not using Location Control
Haven't set QK

Not sure how to check Dept Avoids. That is likely my problem but I don't know how to turn one on or off. The manuals read like Chinese to me. :confused:

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Use Sentinel and edit the applicable Favorites LIst. Drilling down to the System, look at the right pane in the Departments tab. The third column of the grid is the Avoid column. Any Department that is Avoided will say "Avoid". Just click on the cell to change from "Avoid" to "-".

genealle

Use Sentinel and edit the applicable Favorites LIst. Drilling down to the System, look at the right pane in the Departments tab. The third column of the grid is the Avoid column. Any Department that is Avoided will say "Avoid". Just click on the cell to change from "Avoid" to "-".

Thanks but I checked that.
I may be onto fixing it after punching a hundred keys and observing. I discovered how to scroll through Depts and Hold/Avoid. I just remember ever doing it. :D

I went to build a new Fav list and found that when I edit a Fav list to remove unwanted Depts that that process somehow "breaks" the list and after uploading it I get the message nothing to scan. If I make a new Fav list and just upload it to scanner it works fine.

Driving me nuts!

MFCJR

When you edit your fav list to remove unwanted departments make sure you are not removing the site. You will get the nothing to scan message if you do.

genealle

When you edit your fav list to remove unwanted departments make sure you are not removing the site. You will get the nothing to scan message if you do.

My one Fav list has only one site. When I go in and remove Depts or channels I get the nothing to scan message.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
If you wish, you could export your Favorites List to an HPE file, zip the HPE file and attach it to a message. We can take a look at it and see if anything jumps out.

MFCJR

I agree with ofd8001. You can also check to make sure that monitor is on and the service type is selected.

Status
Not open for further replies.