Depew NY police frequency - Erie County

Status
Not open for further replies.

ak716

Premium Subscriber
I don't regularly monitor them, however, tonight I put them on. Loud and clear on their analog channel, and nothing correlating to the demo TG on SaiaNet they have been intermittently been using over the past few months, so, it doesn't appear to be patched or even in use tonight. I guess it just depends on which way the wind is blowing, or, there is a real reason why they keep hopping and we just don't know about it. Regardless, if you really want to monitor them, probably best to just monitor both places they could be until they finally end up in just one place.

ak716

Premium Subscriber
The Depew Police are extremely disappointed with their Moto Turbo system and have moved back to their conventional radio system.
It wasn't "theirs", it is Saia's system, and its TRBO not turbo. They never moved, they were using a demonstration TG intermittently...keyword, demonstration. Not sure where you got that from, but, it can't be that bad, seeing how more and more users keep hopping on, and more improvements keep coming, especially in comparison to "the other guys" here locally.

joespca

I was told the dispatchers liked the system however the officers didn't like that the radios were GPS tracked. I have demoed the system for my company before. In my opinion, it is an extremely impressive system. The coverage is extremely good. However with the wide area my company covers all the way to Albany it wasn't working for us. When they get state wide coverage eventually we will be switching to them. We currently use TLK100 with motorola wave and it is working for us.

Trbogeek

Premium Subscriber
The Depew Police are extremely disappointed with their Moto Turbo system and have moved back to their conventional radio system.

BusDriverDave, what were their complaint(s)? It would be difficult to believe there were legitimate performance complaints, in light of the many customers on their system. One would believe any complaints would be experienced by all users, not just a demo.

ak716

Premium Subscriber
I was told the dispatchers liked the system however the officers didn't like that the radios were GPS tracked. I have demoed the system for my company before. In my opinion, it is an extremely impressive system. The coverage is extremely good. However with the wide area my company covers all the way to Albany it wasn't working for us. When they get state wide coverage eventually we will be switching to them. We currently use TLK100 with motorola wave and it is working for us.
Listening to the AMR's "coverage testing" they were doing on their Management TG, sounds like they were pretty impressed with it. I'd think its safe to say his comment lacks a lot of content to make that statement. My radios at work are GPS tracked. It is what it is. Not my choice to make, its my employers. Especially in the context of law enforcement, thats a CBA bargaining issue to take up with their administration. But, to make a blanket statement that they are "extremely disappointed" over a selectable system feature is really wrong, assuming thats what he "heard". And if nook and cranny coverage is something they are looking for, well, no ones ever going to get 100% guaranteed coverage on a portable on a system like that.

On the other side, not sure if this is an issue or just a programming thing, as I lack the knowledge of programming a subscriber unit to use a Con+ system, but, scan is one thing that I'd think may have come up. Their surrounding neighbors are DMR conventional and analog. I could be wrong, but I believe if you are affiliated on a Con+ system, you cannot scan "off the system" at the same time. From personal experience, I know being on a DMR conventional channel and scanning analog in that same radio, there is A LOT of missed transmissions. To the point where my portable would not be on scan, and my mobile on scan, just so I'd be sure I'd hear my channel on my portable 100% of the time. I understand theres a lag between the two for switching, but I find that to be the biggest nuisance in using DMR with scanning analog that may have came up.

Trbogeek

Premium Subscriber
Listening to the AMR's "coverage testing" they were doing on their Management TG, sounds like they were pretty impressed with it. I'd think its safe to say his comment lacks a lot of content to make that statement. My radios at work are GPS tracked. It is what it is. Not my choice to make, its my employers. Especially in the context of law enforcement, thats a CBA bargaining issue to take up with their administration. But, to make a blanket statement that they are "extremely disappointed" over a selectable system feature is really wrong, assuming thats what he "heard". And if nook and cranny coverage is something they are looking for, well, no ones ever going to get 100% guaranteed coverage on a portable on a system like that.

On the other side, not sure if this is an issue or just a programming thing, as I lack the knowledge of programming a subscriber unit to use a Con+ system, but, scan is one thing that I'd think may have come up. Their surrounding neighbors are DMR conventional and analog. I could be wrong, but I believe if you are affiliated on a Con+ system, you cannot scan "off the system" at the same time. From personal experience, I know being on a DMR conventional channel and scanning analog in that same radio, there is A LOT of missed transmissions. To the point where my portable would not be on scan, and my mobile on scan, just so I'd be sure I'd hear my channel on my portable 100% of the time. I understand theres a lag between the two for switching, but I find that to be the biggest nuisance in using DMR with scanning analog that may have came up.

The subscriber radio can't scan between C+ and any conventional channels, as they would be in different "Zones" in the radio, as well as the radio needs to hear the C+ control channel, to be part of the system. This is why they bring in services that need to be scaned, like Buffalo PD for users that need to scan them, while being on their own TG, at least what I heard ......

ak716

Premium Subscriber
Also, can't be too bad, West Seneca PD was testing, using TG 500103 yesterday, lots of "loud and clear" being reported

ak716

Premium Subscriber
which tower where they hitting off of?
Site 1. I just reviewed my discovery results from the last 24 hrs and they were intermittently using the SaiaNet TG. I just pulled up their VHF Hi channel, they are still using it, and it’s not patched. Last hit I have on it was early afternoon. Yesterday/Last night, the Lt was dispatched to calls on it. Today, I got a lot of radio checks and locations called out

Status
Not open for further replies.