Depew Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

LipDipper

The Depew, NY police department has been dispatched on 155.655 for as long as I have lived in the village (13 years). This frequency was sharded with Lancaster police. For about the past month there has been no Depew activity on it at all yet it is still the dispatch for Lancaster. I've searced the FCC lic and found some newer UHF channels licensed to the village of Depew but there is zero activity on them. Can someone please help me if they know where the Depew police communications have moved too? Did they go to a trunked system? That dies not seem likely as the entire village is 10 square miles.

FLRAILMAN

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
10 square miles, whew, that's a lot of territory.LOL. Anyway, welcome to Radioreference. This is what I dug up for you from the below listed databases.

Depew Village Police Department
KB63790
WNDM649
153.755 MHz

KCJ969
39.46 MHz
155.37 MHz
155.58 MHz
155.655 MHz
155.73 MHz
155.97 MHz

WQLD322
460.1875 MHz
465.1875 MHz

Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Home Page

NF2G

Scanner Frequencies

AntennaSearch - Search for Cell Towers, Cell Reception, Hidden Antennas and more.

SCANNER FREQUENCIES - Online Database - Find Scanner Frequencies In Your Area

The UHF frequency allocations might be what you are seeking, however they might not be up & running yet. Anyway check with Dave (NF2G) for any updates as he is the radio guru for Radioreference up your way. Good luck.
FLRAILMAN

Last edited:

LipDipper

Thanks stevez97

I have been working off all the freqs licensed to Village of Depew for the past 2 weeks or so and no luck so far.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
454.1875 has one hit in the ULS in the Buffalo area. WPVE467 to FM Communications as a paging (market) license.

Can public saferty entities use these (leased from FM I assume) as LMR systems without them being relicensed (and/or with a waiver)?

D

DaveNF2G

The UHF frequency allocations might be what you are seeking, however they might not be up & running yet. Anyway check with Dave (NF2G) for any updates as he is the radio guru for Radioreference up your way. Good luck.
FLRAILMAN

Nobody has reported a UHF frequency for Depew to me yet.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Do you have a PL tone for the Depew 454.1875 freq? If it's valid and being used let me know and we'll add it to the database so everyone will have it!

Mike

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
So Depew Police are using 454.1875r with dpl 223 at this time? NOT their 460.1875 repeater pair? If this is confirmed I will put it into the database!

Mike

BTFire21

What I suspect may happen is that at some point Depew will move over to their new repeater pair since they were just granted it on 12/10. More than likely they were put on 454.1875 so they could do the cut over to the new UHF radios. Now it just might be a scheduled date where the radios are reprogrammed to the new frequency. This is similar to ho Tonawanda Fire was on 454 and then got their license for 460.975. It should be listed but be prepared to change it.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
BT, I will put it in the database for now and when it changes to thee 460 repeater pair let me know and I will change it again :)

Mike

toddc79

interesting... now if only i could find some nys police frequencies with some activity.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Todd,

They're probably using the County Sheriff channels. I know it's that way up here in Jefferson County (Watertown) now. The State Police dispatch frequencies are no where near as busy as they were 5 years ago.

Mike

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Todd,

They're probably using the County Sheriff channels. I know it's that way up here in Jefferson County (Watertown) now. The State Police dispatch frequencies are no where near as busy as they were 5 years ago.

Mike

That's pretty much the case state wide. SP's in Monroe County started to blend in back in the 1990's when Rochester PD contracted with the SP's for coverage on the expressways within the city limits.

When the SP's issued laptops to their troopers, they were to be integrated with whatever MDT system the local counties are using. In Monroe County, they are all interfaced into the county-wide data system.

Same in Ontario, but on a more all-encompassing scale. When Ontario County went E-9-1-1, the Sheriff dispatch and City of Canandaigua dispatch were merged. At some point after that, Ontario County 9-1-1 also began dispatching the SP cars 24/7 using the sheriff channels and the SP dispatchers were transferred into Ontario County's office and cross-trained. They functioned identically to any other dispatcher in the place, dispatching police, fire, and ems plus taking 9-1-1 calls..

And the SP units assigned to Ontario County have Ontario County MDT radios and interfaces in their cars. They are dispatched just like any other district car within the county.

The old history is that the SP's were not always so blended with local police and sheriff operations. In some counties, they were nearly locked out, and in others, they were the only road patrol available.

toddc79

I figured as much with the laptops, i've never heard anything but sheriffs on the sheriff frequencies... even the sheriffs do more personal data transmission on their laptops... seems like some departments use nextel or cell phones in addition to their own radio system for more private one to one contact.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
I figured as much with the laptops, i've never heard anything but sheriffs on the sheriff frequencies... even the sheriffs do more personal data transmission on their laptops... seems like some departments use nextel or cell phones in addition to their own radio system for more private one to one contact.

It will vary immensely from county to county. I worked dispatch in Monroe County for almost 28 years and the integration in the city was amazing. Not so much out in the county and towns. But they are on the channels if needed.

Ontario County on the other hand has more appearance of a merger. SP cars and OCSO are dispatched side-by-side from a single PSAP. The SP's still have their own radio system that they use from time to time, but not for dispatch within the county.

Status
Not open for further replies.