dept of public safety freq. white crown vic trucks etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

cejay

I occasionally see white Crown vics with dep of pub safety on the side in blue. Almost always pulling over trucks and monitoring HOV LANE violations. What is the best freqs to monitor to hear their traffic ? I assume the may work on same freqs as GSP ?

cejay

Thank you..
I mostly see them near 400S @ Old Milton Road southbound near that exit.
I guess the are looking for violations on the trucks they are pulling over.

I have also seen them near the 75/85 split coming INTO atlanta near tech in the left bound HOV lanes before the brookwood exchange.
cj

procopper7005

Premium Subscriber
The White DPS vehicles are part of the MCCD (Motor Carrier Compliance Division) which operates the weigh stations and commercial vehicle enforcement state wide.
In Metro Atlanta they also do some HOV lane enforcement.

You can read about them here: Georgia Department of Public Safety - Motor Carrier Compliance Division

In most of GA (except metro Atlanta) they are on the same freq as GSP with the call sign "Motor Carrier" and then the badge # of the officer.

In rural parts of GA they work in pairs and often times don't call in their traffic stops on the radio during daytime hours.

N8IAA

Seen the cars and suv's in the Buford area many times. They like to work Hwy 20 near the mall (985 and 85 area).
Larry

lep

In the Savannah area they are on the SEGARRN P-25 digital trunking system and use GSP for their 'dispatch' but they do not preface their call sign with Motor Carrier, they are distinguished from troopers by their ID numbers which are usually of the form: 75xxx.

Status
Not open for further replies.