Des Moines metro listeners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

csx4780

How many of us are from DSM metro area? Anyone willing to help me reprogram my 245XLT after I wiped it out?

Travis

mikeydcg2003

What all are you looking to listen to. Not really delt with a 245xlt. There is much to listen to in the des moines area. Let me know what you are looking at listening to and i'll help ya out with any questions. I noticed in in the post on the General Forums that you are a Vol Firefighter. I just recently was accepted as one for Dallas Center. I have a 396 and love it. I can pickup most items out in Dallas Center from des moines such as westcom, Racom, and the Story County Trunk. Also knowing where your located will make it easier to get you the right freqs for the skywarn net tower closest to you. If you get a 396, I can send you a program file with most of the des moines items on it. I also would recomend if you do get the 396 to buy the Butel Arc396 Pro. it is a lot nicer than uasd and works very well..

Last edited:

csx4780

Mostly I listen to PCSO, Westcom, a little DMFD, Life Flight and Mercy One. Now if I can just find my damn cable I might be able to program this damn thing :)

mikeydcg2003

Hehe. i know the feeling. i always have too many cables to deal with. Hey do you have which freqs that lifelight and mercy one use for VHF/UHF? Also which Vol Fire dept are you on, I read in the other posts that you are a Vol firefighter.

cjcannon

I noticed you guys listen in the DSM metro area. What are some good active frequencies to listen to? I'm up in Ankeny.

-CC

mikeydcg2003

I work in ankeny and i get a lot of stuff up there. Here is a good list of a few things
Ankeny Fire, Ankeny Police, Racom Des Moines (polk county tgs) Polk County Fire. If you want to listen a bit farther depending on where your at in ankeny, you can get westcom, story county trk (which Ankeny Pub Works is on). Another good one would also be the Iowa State patrol and if you have digital you can pickup car/car action plus DOT Road workers

mws72

Premium Subscriber
As I will be coming to DSM next week for the State Fair (friday) How about a short list of up to 25 of the best channels to listen to? and maybe the best trunked system (excluding Racom and WestCom). I usually end up with to many channels programmed in my 396T. :)

mikeydcg2003

If you are going to be at the state fair, the State Fair Trunk is always a good one. Des Moines PD, and Fire channels would be good to have too. Also State Patrol District 1 with 146.2 as pl. you might also look for special events freqs for ia state patrol as they patrol the state fair. Being Close to Plesant Hill and altoona the Polk Cty Fire can be picked up nicely, but if you have racom might be just easier to add them to your tgid list.

Status
Not open for further replies.