Des Moins Micron net

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgtmatt

Premium Subscriber
During a storm last night I was listining to this frequency where the NWS in Des Moins kept calling it the Micron net, just was wondering where I could find the frequency for that on here, I looked on the Des Moins profile and it wasn't there can someone help

WillB

Is this just something that is in the Des Moines area or are there other similar setups like this around the state? It was kind of interesting listening to this a couple weekends ago when all the bad weather was moving through.

newsphotog

Premium Subscriber
Is this just something that is in the Des Moines area or are there other similar setups like this around the state? It was kind of interesting listening to this a couple weekends ago when all the bad weather was moving through.

Others can probably answer this better than me, but I don't think it's very common. When I am at NWS Des Moines, I can hear NWS Davenport on their system via fiber optic but I don't hear the other side of it (their subscribers like EMA, etc). It's probably more practical in metro areas like Des Moines and the Quad Cities.

timkilbride

Database Admin
Here is a update on the new Davenport NWS GID. I heard Johnson and Buchanan counties on the Vinton, Iowa City, and Cedar Rapids - South towers. They were doing radio checks, no weather related transmissions. Maybe tonight??? Johnson county traffic had that digitized voice to it. I wonder if they don't have a patch into their system as well???

Tim K.

WillB

I'm sure thats probably to far away to pick up from down here but do you by chance know the frequency for that?

timkilbride

Database Admin
Johnson County EMA and Davenport WX were talking around 2300 last night about storms moving thru the area.

Tim

firemedic78

Does anyone know of any Micron patched links to a VHF conventional frequency in the DSM area? If so, please PM me or email me at firemedic78@msn.com. Thanks,

Chris Sciarrotta
AEMT/Firemedic/Fire Instructor
Menlo Fire & Rescue
Menlo, IA
Field Instructor
Fire Service Training Bureau
Ames, IA
firemedic78@msn.com
(515) 689-9641

Status
Not open for further replies.