Desktop scanner stand with BNC connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamrock808

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone Have/use this scanner stand? if so,what you think about it ?

anyone know oif a U.S. Dealer that carries them?

-Chris

Attachments

• scanner stand.JPG
    scanner stand.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 994

LarrySC

I dont think this is a scanner stand. Looks like a walkie talkie stand with a converted BNC to PL [SO239 female] for outside antenna. PL259/SO239's are not usable over 500 mHz and not usable for scanners.

n4voxgill

Silent Key
LarrySC said:
I dont think this is a scanner stand. Looks like a walkie talkie stand with a converted BNC to PL [SO239 female] for outside antenna. PL259/SO239's are not usable over 500 mHz and not usable for scanners.

I would change that to not ideal for scanners. I have used PL/SO239 with a BNC adapter connecting to dual band ham antennas connected to scanners for years. I am very happy with the reception even on 900 MHz. Just don't try to capture a weak distant signal.

I have one of those stands. It is a good heavy stand and won't fall over. Can't remember where I got it from. I don't use the antenna cable so I removed it.
There is a member who makes excellent scanner stands but I can't remember who it is.

Jamrock808

KC9GLG said:
I have one of those stands. It is a good heavy stand and won't fall over. Can't remember where I got it from. I don't use the antenna cable so I removed it.
There is a member who makes excellent scanner stands but I can't remember who it is.

Ok..Yeah,i wasn't planning on using the cables..Just was wondering if it was durableI..I like the shape of the base and the angle of the holder.

Thanks,
Chris

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
KC9GLG said:

Hey Chris,
Take a look at the stands I build and see what you think!.
Take care
www.scannerstandman.com

Jamrock808

tonsoffun said:
Hey Chris,
Take a look at the stands I build and see what you think!.
Take care
www.scannerstandman.com

Heyo tonsoffun,

Those are some sweet stands!! Love the Customs like the ones with the HH's on the top and slots underneath..do you know if the Pro-2006 can fit in those slots?

well anyways,I think i just found my scannner stand source,i'll check you out on Payday.

Thanks,
-Chris

MissouriMule

Premium Subscriber

Uhhhhhhhh, I use a PL259 on my antenna and a BNC/SO239 adapter and I run 800 mHz and I don't have a problem.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.