Desktop Stand for Uniden Scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
I've got 2-3 Uniden handhelds that I'd like to setup in my "shack" and I'm looking for a good desktop stand for them. I'm speaking of the 396, 296, and 245 models. Anybody got a line on some good options. I don't want to just stand them on the desk because id like to be able to access the keys without holding the scanners.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
I've checked his website and on his ordering page, he says he's not taking any orders at the present time. Any other good options anybody has used?

mmtstc

Ø
ive used those thin metal book ends... they can be bent into shape and work really well, plus they are like $4 at wally world...

WouffHong

stands..

I've had GOOD luck with those relatively-inexpensive steel black "bookends" at Walmart - They can be bent back a little for screen visibility.. :)
Tom

Metrofire31 said:
I've got 2-3 Uniden handhelds that I'd like to setup in my "shack" and I'm looking for a good desktop stand for them. I'm speaking of the 396, 296, and 245 models. Anybody got a line on some good options. I don't want to just stand them on the desk because id like to be able to access the keys without holding the scanners.

kc9neq

Premium Subscriber
scannerstandman's stands are the best. the wait for the stand will be worth it.

R1VINCE

w4nov said:
I've had GOOD luck with those relatively-inexpensive steel black "bookends" at Walmart - They can be bent back a little for screen visibility.. :)
Tom

pix for you!!

Last edited:

R1VINCE

more pix--i actually have a bunch of these--their so cheap, theyre literally disposable!

Last edited:

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Metrofire31 said:
I've checked his website and on his ordering page, he says he's not taking any orders at the present time. Any other good options anybody has used?

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the compliments. We will be taking orders again on Monday or Tuesday. We had to finish a huge (List) backlog.

As for the bookends and the button swivel knobs, you can always cut a notch out on the bookends, then the scanners will just slide in easily!.
Take care

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
I did the bookend thing myself. I even made a couple of cuts in the side and folded them up to hug rhe radio. has worked fine for me for like 2 years now.
Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.