Desoronto ON

Status
Not open for further replies.

feedbak

Could someone please explain to me why the OPP see fit to not arrest everyone there and throw them in jail???

Closing HW2 at points in protest does not seem peaceful to me. If I were to do this protesting anything i would definetely be in jail. Why are there 2 sets of rules here for Natives and Canadians??:confused::confused::confused:

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
what the heck are you talking aboot?

Native uprising? You guys sure your not still a colony or something?

Can you fill us in on the story? It may be front page news up in America Jr, but we know nothing about it here in the Center of The Universe (USA F*** YEAH!). If there is an uprising, we MUST know! Savagery knows no boundaries.

Last edited:

EJB

It has to do with land claims with certain native groups & living conditions & the like.
Last summer this band had a day of protest where they shut down a major highway (north americas busiest) plus a train line to get attention.

I guess they are at it again.
Feedbak, I doubt Americans really would give a hoot about this anyway.

feedbak

Oh I know Americans don't care, but I didn't want to put it in the regional scanning forums as it would get moved. Its not that I dont agree with the Native ppl but I disagree with their approach and the residents living in fear of saying anything as was seen on the news. I also just don't like the double standard the OPP seem to have.

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
feedbak said:
Oh I know Americans don't care, but I didn't want to put it in the regional scanning forums as it would get moved. Its not that I dont agree with the Native ppl but I disagree with their approach and the residents living in fear of saying anything as was seen on the news. I also just don't like the double standard the OPP seem to have.
No man! I am concerned. I dont want a Maumau-style rebellion creeping up on me. Heck, the first pre-set I touch on my Shortwave is for the CBC. And quit feeling bad for them! You didnt do anything to them. It is liberal thoughts like these that filter into the OPP and give them a reason for a double standard in the first place. First you let the francophones step all over you, and that opened the door to everyone else demanding healthcare and representation. It all looks and feels good at first, then 20 years later when the bill has to be paid and after multiple expansions it is not so rosy when everybody has an idea of what should be done and the precident is set that they must be addressed.

Last edited:

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
EJB said:
It has to do with land claims with certain native groups & living conditions & the like.
Last summer this band had a day of protest where they shut down a major highway (north americas busiest) plus a train line to get attention.

I guess they are at it again.
Feedbak, I doubt Americans really would give a hoot about this anyway.

whoa! They even have a band? Is it called Rage Against the Permafrost?

okay, im joking on that one.:wink:

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
nova1010 said:
You forgot to say eh at the end,if you want to be Stereotypical at least get it right.y'all

y'all? We have enough Quebecois roofing and drywall contractors (and their big-hair wives) around here that I would be suprised that I have not picked up some dialects of Canada. I correct people on the pronounciation of Poutine. We also, ahem, enjoy your TV broadcasts at night in all their fuzzy and inmodest glory.

Ha! Floppy-headed little brothers.(I hope you've seen south park)

http://entimg.msn.com/i/125/tv/Shows_within_Shows/southpark_terrancephillip_125x150.jpg

BTW Canada, please export more comedians.

Last edited:

EJB

None of this should be a surprise to you our connecticut yank.
You do realize that french canadians have deep roots in New England.
There are probably about a million or so
Many towns in every state in N.E. have large french communities.
New Britian, Manchester, Biddesford, Saco, Holyoke.
The term franco-american doesnt mean a ravioli type.

As a matter of fact the same indians who are protesting dispise the french, Mohawks have always stood by the english, since Oka crisis 1990 for more info.

The rage against the permafrost thing was funny, kinda apt this winter.

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
EJB said:
None of this should be a surprise to you our connecticut yank.
You do realize that french canadians have deep roots in New England.
There are probably about a million or so
Many towns in every state in N.E. have large french communities.
New Britian, Manchester, Biddesford, Saco, Holyoke.
The term franco-american doesnt mean a ravioli type.

As a matter of fact the same indians who are protesting dispise the french, Mohawks have always stood by the english, since Oka crisis 1990 for more info.

The rage against the permafrost thing was funny, kinda apt this winter.

So you are saying that your french run away from uppitty indians like their continental french run away from germans/british? Le Pommes dont fall far from the tree eh?:wink:

All of the frenchies here are moving to North Carolina. Why? I dont know. There is nothing there. Not even wilderness!:confused: Whos chasing them out this time?

EJB

[All of the frenchies here are moving to North Carolina. Why? I dont know. There is nothing there. Not even wilderness!:confused: Whos chasing them out this time?[/QUOTE]
Lol
this thread went way off course, as per usual with me i guess;
The frenchies (lol) are probably tired of constant winters and now can buy houses that are forclosed?
Good deals as your economy continues to tank is what we hear up here.

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
EJB said:
[All of the frenchies here are moving to North Carolina. Why? I dont know. There is nothing there. Not even wilderness!:confused: Whos chasing them out this time?
Lol
this thread went way off course, as per usual with me i guess;
The frenchies (lol) are probably tired of constant winters and now can buy houses that are forclosed?
Good deals as your economy continues to tank is what we hear up here.[/QUOTE]

Hah, well no one ever answered why the Indians were being unruly.

NC is all new construction. My guess is that like here, they are going there to build houses and their wives will sell them. When frenchies retire, they go to Northern Maine. I may follow them.

Keep listening to whatever you hear aboot our economy. We're attached at the hip in the long-term. Your economy is more flexible in the short term to respond to economic shocks like the trouble in the US than ours is. Our economy and beurocracy is far too diversified due to it's size, that quick response is not possible as an organized economic response. Our international influence runs both ways when times are bad unfortunatly, so we are getting kicked when we are down. You know what? Forget Maine, I'll move to Alberta:cool: Unless the indians block the roadways.:)

EJB

You can go out to Alberta Dan,
I'd rather die than go there, honestly
lol

As for the aboriginal/Canadian federal govt issues, it has been going on since we came here. I dont have all the issues in front of me, its complex and frankly it doesnt matter a huge amount to me much anymore.
I do know that i used to get cheap smokes on the reserves and there are constant cries of poverty.
I guess those in the know can sound off on it I wont
unless it is my intense dislike of the west of canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.