DeSoto Parish updates

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Hello,

I've been working over here for a few weeks. Found a lot of the sites and the frequencies/talkgroups/slots active, but in the process, I discovered that some of the licensed frequencies are being used on a 4+ site Motorola Capacity Plus system. There are sites co-located with the conventional linked DMR towers at Cotton Belt Rd (Mansfield North is how I labeled it), Keithville, Hunter Rd (Stanley) and Logansport HS. There is also a site 7 broadcasting a rest channel on 155.8125 but I have not been able to track down the signal location yet. The only traffic on it is on talkgroup 2 which is the SO dispatcher only on the main dispatch channel.

For the most part, the EMS and SO use their 5 site conventional linked VHF DMR systems which also relay data. The sites are Hunter Rd (Stanley), SO/Jail (Mansfield West), Cotton Belt Rd (Mansfield North), Keithville and Rambin. I have unfortunately not heard any transmissions from Rambin yet because it is so far from where I am working and staying, but there are several frequencies licensed down there. I think they are taking a little liberty with their frequency assignments as 154.145 is licensed for Rambin, but broadcasting from Stanley. I verified them by parking close to the towers and running no antenna.

There are still some fire departments to verify the talkgroups and slots, but I know the repeaters are active due to DMR data bursts with AVL/LRRP. Its a big parish to cover, but unique in its DMR approach. There has been no P25 activity that is related to the county on LWIN other than state troopers.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Have verified that Red River parish fire also switched to DMR next door. They are using 154.385 with CC 1, TG 101, and DeSoto FPD 2 (Keatchie) is using 154.385 with CC 11, TG 36.

picassolsus

Having a tough time with EMS here in DeSoto Parish. I'm running an SDS100, and have heard chatter on the sheriff frequencies (which seem good by the way) referencing an EMS call they were responding too, and I never heard a peep on the EMS channels I was simultaneously monitoring.

I'll note that the 155.865 tower is causing the scanner to hang a ton....looks like it's flashing DMR/CAP+. Not entirely sure I have these guys programmed right but I've tried everything from importing straight in with Sentinel and even adding manually on the scanner using the DMR/CAP+ guide video that Boy with a Scanner does in YouTube.

Anyone having EMS luck in DeSoto?

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
They simulcast multiple repeaters in DMR mode and were conventional a few months back the last time I was over there. Try the other EMS repeaters listed on the database page and maybe remove the color code and search for new colors if they changed it.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Update a year later, sorry. They've changed a few things here:

The Stanley tower got moved to Logansport on the Cap+ tower by the school.
The Rambin tower that was not set up in 2019/2020 was moved to Pelican. It may be online for both SO and EMS but too far for me currently.

EMS is still conventional from what I can tell, but networked like before. The Keithville tower was moved closer to Stonewall. 155.865 buzzes with conventional DMR BS with the roaming beacon so the radios automatically swap towers when signal degrades. The capacity plus system is still running but I haven't picked up any traffic on it during the day time. I personally think it is used for schools more so than first responders since most sites are located near schools, but I have yet to verify that.

I cleanup up the database page and added a DMR conventional networked system for the SO and EMS since that is what they are in fact using. The fire departments remain on the main page since their repeaters are not networked together and talkgroups are unique to each site.

Cpik

Update a year later, sorry. They've changed a few things here:

The Stanley tower got moved to Logansport on the Cap+ tower by the school.
The Rambin tower that was not set up in 2019/2020 was moved to Pelican. It may be online for both SO and EMS but too far for me currently.

EMS is still conventional from what I can tell, but networked like before. The Keithville tower was moved closer to Stonewall. 155.865 buzzes with conventional DMR BS with the roaming beacon so the radios automatically swap towers when signal degrades. The capacity plus system is still running but I haven't picked up any traffic on it during the day time. I personally think it is used for schools more so than first responders since most sites are located near schools, but I have yet to verify that.

I cleanup up the database page and added a DMR conventional networked system for the SO and EMS since that is what they are in fact using. The fire departments remain on the main page since their repeaters are not networked together and talkgroups are unique to each site.
Any new updates?as of last week they seem to have changed something because I was receiving off the keithville repeater and now nothing any help would greatly be appreciated trx1

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Any new updates?as of last week they seem to have changed something because I was receiving off the keithville repeater and now nothing any help would greatly be appreciated trx1
I work for a different company now and am in West Texas. I would put all the licensed frequencies for DeSoto Parish Sheriff and EMS into the scanner and see what comes across. They have both the conventional networked DMR system for SO and EMS and the networked Capacity Plus system for schools and security and they all use VHF frequencies.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
So, last week I came through there on I-49 and I noticed the same thing as Cpik above, all operations were now on Talkgroup 2. I still caught a distant DMR data burst on 154.100 but I found that the Pelican tower was now online and operating with two channels, and all DCSO traffic was only on the Capacity Plus system. There is also a site 6 that is advertised on that system that I wasn't able to find yet. I think the 154.100 still having the data bursts may have been left in place for the Jail? I wish I had some more time to park a scanner on DeSoto Parish. I know EMS was still using the conventional networked system of 4 repeaters, their licensed frequency was not active at Pelican yet.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Massive updates for the entire system in place in DeSoto Parish. It looks like they are more into focusing on the Capacity Plus system going forward, but all the conventional stuff is still in place even if not in use.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
I plan to go to the National Forest up there. What's a good hotel to stay in Mansfield to monitor the new system?. Are there any ham repeaters up there,
Haven't listened to ham there myself, but hotels are usually pricey and a little dirty. Oilfield workers run the economy in the Haynesville Shale and we aren't the cleanest individuals after a sweaty day working around heavy equipment, and the hotels are usually full when natural gas is high enough to sell. Its better, albeit not as safe, to stay on the west side of Shreveport near Pines Rd. Just empty your car of valuables and lock your doors and you should be fine.