Desperately need help getting sdr# and dsdplus to play together

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
He wants to scan around (search for new freqs) using sdr# and run DSDPlus at the same time so when he lands on something digital it will play. I believe he uses Sdrtrunk for systems.

ultrajv

first things first. You need a reasonably powerful PC to do SDR on. As your running Windows 7, that may not be the case. What are the specs on your PC?. Secondly you need a reasonably good outside antenna. It would help if you post a screenshot of your waterfall when trying to receive a DMR signal as you need a clean signal also. Its best to start easy with just one signal rather than go full belt into scanning. Most guides miss out these basic requirements.

Reconrider

first things first. You need a reasonably powerful PC to do SDR on. As your running Windows 7, that may not be the case.
Wrong and wrong.
I have setup a Walmart basic computer as a feed computer for a few months and had 0 issues running sdr

ultrajv

So can you tell me what PC the Op is using? No. My points still stand. Salty arnt we. My posts also indicates his problems that no one including you addressed.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Don't really think OS plays much of role as I have sdr with DSDPlus running on a win 7 pc and running Unitrunker 2.0 with trunking reorder. I even have an older version of sdr running on an old XP gaming box. As long as there is a good processor and a good amount of ram it can work

Strongest possible signal is a major key and having ppm dead on with correct bandwidth settings is a must for clean clear decodes.

ultrajv

If the OP was using a cheap laptop with power saving on, that would be a problem. I had a netbook with w7 that couldnt cope with sdr# and dsd. We will probably never know as it seems hes given up.

Status
Not open for further replies.