detector lingo

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC0QNB

Today while I was at lunch I heard a detector on 160.470, not real strong but what I heard was "integrity failure" what would or could this mean?

wrr20891

Some type of equipment malfunction on the detector equipment itself, as opposed to a problem on the train.

KC0QNB

OK the train personnel called the Kearney Sub dispatcher and relayed the message, and didn't seem too excited that is why I asked thanks

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Nothing to get too excited about. Most of the time it is caused by a train stopping on the detector.

If you're a key train then you get to walk your train

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Nothing like a two mile walk in the winter :evil:

one way...

Pulled a train out of council bluffs that was 10,000 feet long below zero. Anytime we stopped it took 45" to release the brakes

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
45 minutes to release or 45 minutes to get back upto 90 pounds?

HAHA, you're funny... 10k feet of train wont reach 90 on the rear in the summer, let alone in the winter.

45 minutes to get enough air back on the rear to proceed

BigC801

If you go to slow u can also get an integrity failure, could also be that there is to big of gap somewere in your train.

Council Bluffs is bad about putting trains together. When we used to bring the MCBKS south on the falls city it was always way to long and to heavy with junk power. I hated that train. When it was cold out im not sure if the brakes ever did release on the rear.

Status
Not open for further replies.