• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Determining Band Split on VX-5500L

Status
Not open for further replies.

eportel6607

Hi guys was hoping that somebody knows enough about Vertex to tell me how to determine the band split of a low band radio that I have. According to the Vertex specs they made a 29.7-37Mhz and a 37-50Mhz. I can't seem to find any label on this radio that indicates which one I have.

Anybody know?
C

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Read the radio. The software will tell you which split you have. Another option is to connect to a dummy load and TX. Use a frequency counter to determine what frequency you are transmitting on, and see which split it falls into.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

eportel6607

Thanks very much,
I don't have any way at this point to read the radio as I don't have any software..yet.
However I was told from the agency that donated these radios that were on 37.900Mhz. So I assume this means that the radios are in the higher 37-50Mhz range since it's over 37Mhz. Is this correct you think?
C

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Thanks very much,
I don't have any way at this point to read the radio as I don't have any software..yet.
However I was told from the agency that donated these radios that were on 37.900Mhz. So I assume this means that the radios are in the higher 37-50Mhz range since it's over 37Mhz. Is this correct you think?
C

I can not answer, BUT if the agency was on that frequency, then yes I would say that would be a safe bet.

Best way is to read the radio though.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Ok thanks. Well I guess it's time to aquire the software and programming cable.
Thanks again,
Chris

Vertex a software is available at no cost once you create a user name on the vertex website. I do not have a link handy but poke around the website. Programming cables can be found on fleabay

Status
Not open for further replies.