• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Determining Correct Order for LTR Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

transitman

My Pro-92 bit the dust the other day. I also have a Pro-96 but kept the Pro-92 as the 96 does not track LTR systems. I purchased a Pro-162 today and unfortunately discovered that the frequencies have to be entered in the correct sequence which was not required for the 92. Although the RR database does provide some information for the correct order, that information is lacking for many systems. I have the option of returning the 162 and repairing the 92 however the unit is nearly 10 years old!

So my question is what how can I conveniently determine the correct order for LTR systems that are trackable? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

jerk

My Pro-92 bit the dust the other day. I also have a Pro-96 but kept the Pro-92 as the 96 does not track LTR systems. I purchased a Pro-162 today and unfortunately discovered that the frequencies have to be entered in the correct sequence which was not required for the 92. Although the RR database does provide some information for the correct order, that information is lacking for many systems. I have the option of returning the 162 and repairing the 92 however the unit is nearly 10 years old!

So my question is what how can I conveniently determine the correct order for LTR systems that are trackable? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Enter the frequencies, set the scanner bank to LTR and the channels to LTR.
hHiot the MAN button on the first channel. It will flash the repeater to the bottom right RXX
Say 460.0125 is LCN 04
Enter, MAN is will show up as R04, re-program the channel in bank X CH XX and it will track, do this for all the rest of the channels. That is the LCN channel finder feature for the Pro-97, Pro-163 & 164 scanners. In the manual and listed here under the wiki. Works great too.

transitman

I will try this procedure and post the results. Please explain "hHiot" on the second line of your response. I have never seen this term. Thank you!

transitman

I could not find any information in the manual relating to indentifying LTR LCN's. I followed your instructions; the only thing that happened when pressing "MAN" was the next channel was displayed. Also how is the Wiki relating to LCN's titled. Couldn't find a listing for LCN!

D

DaveNF2G

There has already been at least one extensive thread about this subject here in the forum. Try a search.

Also, the information previously posted might have been added to the RR Wiki by now.

jerk

I will try this procedure and post the results. Please explain "hHiot" on the second line of your response. I have never seen this term. Thank you!

Typo, Hit ;)

"Finding LTR LCN order WIKI
The PRO-97 has a feature that will tell you what the proper channel number for an LTR system is.
1. Program a frequency from the system in the first channel
2. Set the mode for LTR
3. Put the scanner in manual
4. When you hear a transmission, there will be a number in the lower right corner of the display like "R03" or whatever. This is the LCN (Logical Channel Number) of that frequency. If it is "R03", you would re-program that frequency into channel number x03 where x is the bank that you are going to use.

Continue the above procedure until you have all the numbers for all the frequencies in the system, keeping in mind that some numbers might be skipped over, example, there may be no channel R02 in your particular system.

Note - The LTR repeater number identifer does not work when the repeater ID burst is turned off by the system administrator. " And it is usually not.

Last edited:

cg

Premium Subscriber
... and sometimes if you ask within a State forum, someone has already done the LCN determination.

chris

n2mdk

The OP has a 162 not a GRE made 163/4 the 162 doesn't have the feature. I would return it and get a 164.
The asking in your local forum is a good idea as well.

transitman

Solution Found

As noted in the post above, the new PRO-162 does not have the LCN finding capability found in the 97, 164 and others. Also another issue concerning the 162 is not having the capability to identify a CT (PL)/DPL tone while scanning (pressing the mode key during a transmission). Unless the tone is known beforehand, a separate search has to be performed to identify the tone. This is a time consuming process!!!

I subsequently returned the 162 and paid the difference for a 164. Everything works as noted in previous posts.

Thanks to all who responded!!!

jerk

As noted in the post above, the new PRO-162 does not have the LCN finding capability found in the 97, 164 and others. Also another issue concerning the 162 is not having the capability to identify a CT (PL)/DPL tone while scanning (pressing the mode key during a transmission). Unless the tone is known beforehand, a separate search has to be performed to identify the tone. This is a time consuming process!!!

I subsequently returned the 162 and paid the difference for a 164. Everything works as noted in previous posts.

Thanks to all who responded!!!

Oops, I mis-read, glad you now have the right scanner and all that I said now applies.
Sorry for confusing you. and others...
the 164/163 are great scanners

jerk

How do determine the right order for the uniden side of things?

Ha ha ha ha ha - Guess!
The newer Unidens with CC search help to narrow it down as they flash LTR codes.

There is a wiki article that tells how to do this, but it takes time. And it's easier done if you have software programming capabilities.

Try here
<http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Mapping_an_LTR_System>

Status
Not open for further replies.