HP-1: Determining which site a transmission comes from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmg1969

When monitoring a statewide TRS (P25 phase 1)...is there a way on the HP-1 to know which site a hit comes from? I have an HP-1, but not the Extreme Upgrade.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Pause on the system,press right side < , advanced, site info - shows current site.

I do have extreme - but I believe that this parts is the same.

WA0CBW

Premium Subscriber
If it is a simulcast system all sites have the same frequencies so it would be hard to determine which of the simulcast sites you are receiving especially if you are in an overlap area.
BB

phask

Premium Subscriber
If it is a simulcast system all sites have the same frequencies so it would be hard to determine which of the simulcast sites you are receiving especially if you are in an overlap area.
BB[/QUOTE

Never tried on one - curious what it shows. I do know that some just list 1 freq/no site info. But not sure if all do or not.

mciupa

This is where you would have to use your geographical knowledge to make an educated guess.

troymail

Silent Key
BB

I think the term "site" is being overloaded here.

Systems have sites (1 or more).

Sites have towers (sometimes people call these towers sites).

Example: Baltimore City is a single "site" simulcast system: Baltimore City Trunking System, Baltimore, Maryland - Scanner Frequencies but it has many towers: WPYR413 (BALTIMORE, CITY OF) FCC Callsign Details and all towers use the same frequencies.

On the other hand the Maryland State system has (or will have) separate simulcast "sites" in nearly every County (First Responders Interoperable Radio System Team (FIRST) Trunking System, Various, Maryland - Scanner Frequencies) - each having a set of towers. In this case, each site has separate sets of frequencies.

I suspect the OP is asking about the latter scenario.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I agree. "Site" does not equal "Tower." If the OP really meant SITE and not TOWER, then the first reply took care of the question.

If he meant which tower in a simulcast site, then the answer is also up there, but basically: no.

Status
Not open for further replies.