Detroit EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

bvankl

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know if there is anything in the works to bring one back up?

macari77

they were using it internally for recording, never intended for us. maybe found a new/better way.

speaking of DEMS what unit is it that has TA on the side where the unit number usually is. not sure if there is one or multiple units like this.

gpp10x

Premium Subscriber
they were using it internally for recording, never intended for us. maybe found a new/better way.

speaking of DEMS what unit is it that has TA on the side where the unit number usually is. not sure if there is one or multiple units like this.

I've seen that TA unit. I was thinking Training Academy. You would have to catch the 3 digit shop # to determine if its the same unit or if there are mulitple units. I'll have to remember to check. I wonder if it could mean Tactical Ambulance.

gpp10x

Premium Subscriber
I found an EMS Supervisor today & asked about the TA unit. He confirmed it is a Training Academy rig but is currently being used as an in service medic unit. I didn't think to ask which medic unit was currently using it.

Last edited:

macari77

oh darn
training academy didnt even cross my mined

i was original thinking something like tactical or traffic accident. unfortunately Detroit dosent have enough units to specialize in specific scenes and not go on others

good info though

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.