Detroit Fire / Highland Park Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Two questions in one post...

1. I looked in the Wiki, but they're absent. Does anyone have the specific apparatus radio ID's for Detroit FD?
2. I was told Highland Park FD is now dispatched by DFD on DFD Main. What do they ID as on the radio?

kd8ati

Feed Provider
Two questions in one post...

1. I looked in the Wiki, but they're absent. Does anyone have the specific apparatus radio ID's for Detroit FD?
2. I was told Highland Park FD is now dispatched by DFD on DFD Main. What do they ID as on the radio?

To answer #1..... Do you mean like Engine xx has radio ID 701xxxx ?? If so no there is no list that I have ever seen. Though you could likely put one together yourself using radio ID's you hear on a scanner.

#2. Last time I listened (a month ago), HP was dispatch out as Highland Park Engine x & Highland Park Ladder x. I think their chief is Chief 3 and they use Fire Scene 3.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Below is the Radio ID Structure for the Columbus, OH / Franklin County system. It may or may not be the same, but you may be able to use it as a guide to figure out the Detroit system.

IDs are 7xxxyz where:

xxx = Station number (ex. 192)

y = equipment type where:

1 = Engine
2 = Ladder
3 = Rescue
4 = Squad/ EMS Supervisor
5 = Medic
6 = Chief
7 = Tanker
8 = Bomb Squad
9 = Haz-Mat
0 = Other

z = radio type where:

0 = mobile
1 = 1st portable
2 = 2nd portable
3 = 3rd portable
4 = Base station or 4th portable
5 = Station Car
6 = Hose Wagon/Telesquirt
7 = Foam Truck
8 = Personnel Transporter
9 = Extra apparatus.

Example: 719250 is the mobile radio in Medic 192.
Example: 700812 is the 2nd portable on Engine 8.
Example: 701429 is Extra Ladder 14

Last edited:

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
To answer #1..... Do you mean like Engine xx has radio ID 701xxxx ?? If so no there is no list that I have ever seen. Though you could likely put one together yourself using radio ID's you hear on a scanner.

#2. Last time I listened (a month ago), HP was dispatch out as Highland Park Engine x & Highland Park Ladder x. I think their chief is Chief 3 and they use Fire Scene 3.

Thanks man. I'll try to put one together next time I'm in town.

Status
Not open for further replies.