Detroit Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpp10x

Premium Subscriber
This has been an on-going problem ever since they got rid of the old gong & register, really nothing new.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Detroit FD has been facing a myriad of issues. Station alerting seems like a minor, yet critical, one.

It was about two years ago the Detroit "spur" of MPSCS went down, forcing all operations onto the state towers, using statewide Interoperability talkgroups. This caused some communications problems, to say the least.

Sent via Tapatalk

szron

It was about two years ago the Detroit "spur" of MPSCS went down, forcing all operations onto the state towers, using statewide Interoperability talkgroups. This caused some communications problems, to say the least.

It was the summer of last year. Detroit sites went down and so did the fallback one. That's when I found out that Detroit owns and maintains their sites and just agrees to network with MPSCS.

PhillyPhoto

It also happened again around July 4th this year. Thankfully we (radio reference) had some people out there that found them using a channel previously unassigned as a CC. I remember being out there years ago and the firefighters telling us the water department bought there radios, not sure how true that is though. I wouldn't be surprised though, given the funding problem of the FD.

Status
Not open for further replies.