DETROIT: Scanner activity might get more interesting soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
It might be a good time to review and update programming on your scanners.

Feds: Operation Legend will add agents to focus on Detroit gun violence

W8RIT

I'm wondering what law enforcement agencies will be in use. I'd suspect that for a first guess ATF. So I'd better look at what freqs they might use, as well as to pay attention to any talkgroups. I'd be willing to bet that it will be multi-agency, and each agent will handle their sphere of influence.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
"The federal agents involved in this project are with the FBI, ATF, DEA and U.S. Marshals Service."

[source]
42 federal agents headed to Detroit. Here's what we know

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
There won't be much to listen to.
Fed traffic on VHF and on the MPSCS is mostly using AES.

You never know with Detroit! I'm sure some of the MPSCS/MSP Special Events TG's will be used as well as interoperability TG's with Detroit PD/FD and EMS.

kd8ati

Feed Provider
I would be willing to bet that any interop channels that will be in use will be on the I-Event side of things so still wont do us any good and any FD/EMS coordination will be done separate from everything else on a G-Event TG or just through regular dispatch channels. The I-Event stuff is always making our dispatch console beep due to not being able to process the audio, so its used quite a bit.

RayAir

You never know with Detroit! I'm sure some of the MPSCS/MSP Special Events TG's will be used as well as interoperability TG's with Detroit PD/FD and EMS.

I've seen VCTF talk to DPD using Detroit's DES key ID (1301) other than that VCTF and VGTF use AES. So they must have multiple algorithms in the radio for Interop.
As far as using any I-EVENT those are all protected with DES.
There are other unidentified federal users on the MPSCS using AES and it's all federal radio IDs exclusively, some use different key IDs so while you could see something is up, it's very difficult sometimes to pin down the user unless you catch some intermittent clear. I hope I'm wrong and hope there is something to listen to though.

Status
Not open for further replies.