Detroit Scanner Freqs and Radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

ab5602

Premium Subscriber
Hi All,

The live stream for Detroit Police Department is down, and has been for a while:

Detroit Police Live Scanner Audio Feed

I am a licensed amateur radio operator and member of our neighborhood radio patrol. I would like to monitor this, and potentially bring a feed back online. I have been doing a lot of online research, and have some question, if anyone here has answers:

1) It looks as if the Detroit police uses APCO-25. I have a Uniden BC785D with APCO-25 card, but it appears as if it does not do 9600 baud on the control frequency. Can anyone confirm that I need a receiver that can decode P25 at 9600 baud to listen in to DPD?

2) I see from the the currently listed info that the Detroit Police are using several UHF (400mhz) frequencies, however, it looks likes the DPD may be moving toward using the MPSCS in the VHF (800mhz) range. Is this true, and if I were to purchase a receiver, what are some options?

3) Does anyone have any existing equipment that works to receive both the transmissions and control signals for the Detroit Police Department, and tracks them, and what are the makes/models?

Thanks All!

-Rob

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
You need a newer scanner capable of full 9600. Any digital out these days will do.

QwKiE

North of Detroit

I am just north of Detroit and I use a HomePatrol 1 it works for everything that is not encripted in your area. And yes Detroit is already on the MPSCS system if you are in Detroit the HP 1 receives all of Detroit very good.
You do need a computer to update the data base and that happens every week Monday at 10 am. Best scanner I have ever owned for all the new things going on in the world of scanning.

Status
Not open for further replies.