Detroit Swat coming to AE

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbluemsp

I told my boss about this since he is Retired DPD SRT SGT.

I know he will watch it and cretique the hell out of it which I know I will be getting a call from his wife thanking me for telling him of the show. ;)

brandon

Database Admin
Already programmed into the DVR. I also watch Dallas SWAT.
Good shows.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
Well so far this is very disappointing. They need to take some pointers from Dallas SWAT on how to open a door. They could have been in trouble if the guy was home and armed himself when the one officer broke the others hand opening the door. It just took them wayyyyy to long to get in.

MichiganPig

I couldn't agree with you more, did you see them go into the second house? The guy was talking about how they bought that door to prevent people from breaking it down......I just started laughing.

Look I really hate to Monday night quarter back other officers out there. But that was an embrassment. Half of those guys don't have an education to them, you can tell by the way they speak and handle themsevles, especially compared to more professional teams such as Dallas. How can their department allow them to swear on national television like that? Not just once or twice but several times. Did you see that guys paper?? and he still got a B+ ??

I think the best part is how they started talking about how they need practice on breaching doors, gee you think? I love how they admitted that on National TV. Then did you see their supervisors?? They were out of shape and over weight especially when you compare them to the Dallas team who has Lt and captains that look like they just gone done with BUDS/SEAL training.

Anyway, I'm extremely disappointed and quite embrassed, this makes Detroit look really bad. A bunch of muscle heads running around with guns and no clue to what is going on.

Sorry if anyone is offended by my opinion. At least we still have Dallas swat to watch

Dubbin said:
Well so far this is very disappointing. They need to take some pointers from Dallas SWAT on how to open a door. They could have been in trouble if the guy was home and armed himself when the one officer broke the others hand opening the door. It just took them wayyyyy to long to get in.

bigbluemsp

Yes it looked bad but the fact is not all doors can be cake like they are in Dallas. Dallas also have a much better budget to work with and they haven't had to lay off officers which Detroit has due to money.

No Money, Less training

Less training, we see whats happens.

This suprised me cause DPD SRT used to be one of the top 5 in the country in the 90's

Chief71

I hope it doesn't turn into what they do to the SAWT shows, have 2 new episodes and keep playing reruns. That new Fugitive Strike Force on Discovery channel is a pretty darn good show too, I encourage you guys to watch it (if you don't already).

Dubbin

Feed Provider
Chief_71 said:
That new Fugitive Strike Force on Discovery channel is a pretty darn good show too, I encourage you guys to watch it (if you don't already).

Oh thats a very good show.Those US Marshals don't mess around.

landonjensen

Dubbin said:
Oh thats a very good show.Those US Marshals don't mess around.

I record it every week for my dvr, but i dont really care for the Bounty Hunter Part, Las Vegas Swat is a HUGE team !

FNNM376

Make DETROIT look bad it does that on its own without the help of the DPD....... They work with what they have and do a pretty good job of doing it with what they got. (REMEMBER its TV)... its a joke down there..... there lucky to even have a swat team....

Last edited:

Dubbin

Feed Provider
I just want to make it clear that I am NOT making fun of Detroits SRT. They just need to learn/find a better way of breaching doors.

bigbluemsp

Chief_71 said:
I think they need a lesson from LAPD. Use a chain and the APC for the steel bar doors.

He told me this morning that they shouldn't have used the Holigan tool to open the door. Its too loud and isn't quick enough to open a door like that.

They should have used the ram on the APC. Thats how he was trained to do it when he was on DPD SRT

Dubbin

Feed Provider
The ram is still too slow. They should have ripped the door out with a strap hooked to one of the vans.

MichiganPig

Yea Detroit used to have a huge SRT team and they had it together. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they still have it together, but the points made above about lack of funding is right on the money.

I was talking to one of my buddies on a Chicago area SRT team, we both applied for Detroit when we were looking for L.E. jobs. He couldn't believe what he saw, he doesn't think they are FBI trained.

But he makes a good point about breaching doors, they always don't go down that easy, I've lifted a handheld ram in the academy before when Waterford Swat team put on a demonstration. They are heavy and hard to handle.

I don't want to come across as Bashing Detroit PD. I work with them from time to time, they have a lot of good officers on their department, but they just have a terriable command and control structure. My heart goes out to the officers who have to work with what they are given.

You ever wonder why COPS never films in Detroit or Flint??

Status
Not open for further replies.