DFW Airport P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
I wouldn't get your hopes up. It's mostly encrypted.
The new system is supposed to go live next week. Waiting for my 436 to come in so I can try and find TG.
My department will have limited TG in our radios. I will be going through training on the new radios so I will try to get some photos.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Ive listened to it a little and heard encrypted talk groups.
Hoping some of the FD stuff will be in the clear.
If / when you are able to post whats in the clear we do appreciate it.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I hope I'm wrong, but I suspect that both police and fire talkgroups will be encrypted. Both are Provoice on the old (soon to be replaced) system, with the exception of a 'fire dispatch' and mutual aid talkgroups.

But even if encrypted, I hope we can get a list of the assigned talkgroups. Never know, if there was some sort of incident, some of them might be flipped to 'in the clear', though I'm not holding my breath.

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know if they’ve turned the site power down or changed some control frequencies or something? Used to hear them on the fringes of the new system now I’m only getting one bar and no DAT or LNK. Could just be the weather effecting this system as I suspect thats the reason I don’t hear Johnson County on FWRRS from home recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jasday

Also make sure to have the DFW Airport tgs on the North East system programmed in. Any time a outside agency goes to the airport for m/a, they use this tg and Airport dispatch patches their encrypted channels to this tg, but all ops that are on the channel are in the clear.

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
Are you talking about North East Tarrant site on Fort Worth Regional? Or a NE site on DFW P25 Phase II?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Are you talking about North East Tarrant site on Fort Worth Regional? Or a NE site on DFW P25 Phase II?

I'm sure he meant the Northeast Tarrant site on FWRRS. That covers Grapevine & Euless, who border the airport and would be first-in on a mutual aid response.

jasday

Yes, sorry it made sense in my head. The North East site on FWRRS. There are specific talkgroups assigned for m/a responses into the airport.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Yes, sorry it made sense in my head. The North East site on FWRRS. There are specific talkgroups assigned for m/a responses into the airport.
Exactly. I set up NETCO as a separate system, instead of lumping under the FWRRS umbrella. I also split up the talkgroups into their individual cities and classifications, instead of one huge NETCO group. The DFW related ID's are in my Interop department.

patchman

Hearing a fair amount of traffic on the DFW Airport P25 with most encrypted.
1019--Airfield Operations (in clear)
1013--enc (lots of traffic)
All of the following are encrypted:

Parking ops have 3 TG (had written down but lost list with TG)

Hope this helps.

patchman

As of Friday 3/30, the old system is still in operation (operations and DPS). Have not heard of updated time frame for the cut-over to the new system.

Status
Not open for further replies.