DFW DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
Just purchased the DMR upgrade for my BCD436, haven't heard much yet but was wondering if anyone knows of any interesting DMR systems or channels to scan here in DFW, mostly Tarrant County. I know about CareFlite being DMR but I don't expect to hear them constantly.

Anyone know if the local towing companies are on DMR somewhere and I just missed them here in Tarrant? That'd be nice to hear them being sent to accidents.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Just purchased the DMR upgrade for my BCD436, haven't heard much yet but was wondering if anyone knows of any interesting DMR systems or channels to scan here in DFW, mostly Tarrant County. I know about CareFlite being DMR but I don't expect to hear them constantly.

Anyone know if the local towing companies are on DMR somewhere and I just missed them here in Tarrant? That'd be nice to hear them being sent to accidents.
There's more activity on CareFlite than you might expect. Besides the half dozen helicopters, CareFlite also handles ground EMS in quite a few areas. AAA Towing & Road Service ia also on the same system, and there are a number of other unidentified (so far) users on that same system.

I have not been monitoring this system, but there are several towing company talkgroups listed on it for the DFW area.

That's a good site to get started with. However, I suspect that in most cases, you're not going to find a wrecker service as such in a search. More likely, they'll be a user on one of the commercial systems, like Megahertz, DFW Communications, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.