DFW Freescan Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

skunk5

If anyone has a recent DFW-area freescan file they'd like to share with a noob, please PM me. I just got a BC346XT today and I'm having some trouble with Garland's rebanding and would appreciate anyone that can give a hand.

Thanks!

I should say now -- I'm having trouble with rebanding in general. While I understand the concept and the problem, I'm not entirely clear on how I know the offset, etc to program into my scanner.

Thanks again!

fratermus

If anyone has a recent DFW-area freescan file they'd like to share with a noob, please PM me. I just got a BC346XT today and I'm having some trouble with Garland's rebanding and would appreciate anyone that can give a hand.
!

Here's a step by step with screenshots on doing the Garland reband with FreeSCAN. I did this on dfwscan:

I upgraded my 246T firmware to the rebanding-friendly version (2.60) earlier this year.
BC246TUpdate260ReleaseNotes < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

Then in FreeSCAN (mine is an older .8 version) I selected the Garland site (not system).
Selected the Site Setup tab, chose Mot Custom/Reband
Entered in both bandplan lines
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww222/fratermus/scanner/246-garland-bandplan-2.png

Selected Trunk Freqs tab and put in the freqs from radio reference:
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww222/fratermus/scanner/246garland-freqs-2.png
Garland Public Safety Trunking System, Garland, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

Uploaded the Garland system to the scanner and she's scanning the Land of Gar like a champ.

Works fine. I would have taken about 60 seconds if I understood what I was doing the first dozen times. :) Hopefully this may help someone else get over the hump.

If that doesn't do it I'll find a place to post the actual FreeSCAN file.

Last edited:

skunk5

Thanks fratermus!
UPMan actually clued me in on the rebanding settings (the defaults from the wiki). I was confused because none of the freq's from the RR page matched the Lower/Upper from the wiki, so i thought I had to input some special codes.
I've been happily listening to Garland for the past 24 hours now (today's Animal Services finally captured a dog that had been giving them a headache).
Thanks again for the input -- I'm sure I'll have a ton more questions in the future (but this time I'll try the defaults first without over-thinking it).

fratermus

Thanks fratermus!
I was confused because none of the freq's from the RR page matched the Lower/Upper from the wiki, so i thought I had to input some special codes.

Yeah, this rebanded stuff looks funny to me; haven't got my head wrapped around it. But at least we have the scanners running.

Take care!

Status
Not open for further replies.