DHS in Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiz4769

For a few months now I have seen lots of new trucks around and I have not been close enough to one to see what city/county these guys were from. Finally I had one park next to me and see it was DHS. I have seen these all over, one day I even saw them parked at each off ramp on the way home for about 5-6 exits with local PD here and there as well along the way, just off the highway scattered and they were not lookin for speeders, it was quite strange as about half of them looked right at me as I passed and Im sure because well I was starring at them just as hard. Traffic was normal so its not like I was a loaner out there either

Anyways now that Im sure what I have been seeing, is there anyone that knows what channels these guys may use when in the Dallas/Collin County areas??

I have all the local PD/FD along my route home from work just fine, but I dont have any FED or "extra" stuff entered in my scanner and I have decided to add any and everything like that I can as I have lots of open channels to use still.

davidbond21

Make sure that you have all the DHS freqs from the Federal Wiki page on this site. Other than that, you'll probably be hearing them on PD channels if they are working with the police, you'll also have to figure out their call signs.

Be careful about giving DHS the stinkeye too much. Unlike local/state PD, who has to have a reason(or even a lie) to pull you over, Federal agents do not have that restriction and may stop and harass you for no reason. Your constitutional rights have no place in their war on terror. They are probably much busier than to have time to harass you, but if you've never been wronged by 'the man', then you can't relate to what a cornholing it is.

wiz4769

I will have to add those and FEMA i suppose, thanks for that.

I wasnt really giving the stinkeye, I just was trying to see who the heck they were is all, i havent seen cops lined up like that without a freakin parade or bike race going on...

As a teen I was harassed plenty as i had the sweet mullet goin on and my Iron Maiden t-shirts etc. But Im your typical 30 something computer guy with wife and kids now so Im not even on the radar for those guys anymore for the last 10+yrs....

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Fps

The Federal Protective Service was taken under the ospices of DHS during the "reorganization." All their patrol cars, 4x4 trucks and snazzy new Tahoe SUVs now have a snazzy new paint job with Department of Homeland Security on the sides. They patrol and guard federal facilities. Same federal LE group, new wrapper. In Dallas you will hear them dispatched by Denver dispatch center on 415.2000 with no tone code. They are not very exciting to listen to I will have to warn you!!! And you will most likely only get "jacked up" if you are acting a fool in the vacinity of a federal facility, otherwise, gawking at them going down the street will only provide them with some amusement and brighten their day!

Mark

Last edited:

TXEMT

Seen them here in San Antonio also...here they are driven by Border Patrol and INS people, I have seen there fleet parked behind the local INS office and them with different PD's around here loading people into the van's , also remember when DHS was formed alot differnet agencies went under them now instead of being part of the Justice Department

Status
Not open for further replies.