DHS Ops2

Status
Not open for further replies.

del1964

Premium Subscriber
DHS (Department of Homeland Security) OPS2 is moving somekind of convoy through Indiana. Interesting listening. Must be on a highway because I heard them mention convoy breaking up at stoplights.

Viper43

You mean State Route don't you? I don't think too many interstate highways have stoplights :)

V

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Is there any radio traffic on interop or ITTF channels?
n9zas

ecps92

What Freq's??

DHS has quite a few agencies under it's umbrella :wink: For the Federal DHS, or might this be a State HS?? agency??

DHS (Department of Homeland Security) OPS2 is moving somekind of convoy through Indiana. Interesting listening. Must be on a highway because I heard them mention convoy breaking up at stoplights.

del1964

Premium Subscriber
They were using Indiana's SAFE-T system. The specific site was Columbus or Edinburgh. I'm hearing them use SAFE-T a lot. OPS2 was the talkgroup they were on. It's on this RR database.

ecps92

No link posted, but we now can assume you mean Indiana DHS not the Federal Agency. :roll:

They were using Indiana's SAFE-T system. The specific site was Columbus or Edinburgh. I'm hearing them use SAFE-T a lot. OPS2 was the talkgroup they were on. It's on this RR database.

W9NES

State of Indiana does have Department of Homeland Security and it is located at The Indiana Goverment Center in Downtown Indianapolis where the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) is located.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
we dont have a Terrorism task force...all handled by DHS

I almost stuck my size 13 in my mouth. Sorry,I was told by a state official that the ITTF is a federal agency,and it turns out that he was wrong. I was going to quote him,oops!:( So did anyone copy any DHS traffic when this convoy went through?
n9zas

Last edited:

usswood

Google this " International Terrorist Task Force" DHS in the u.s. have had comms here.
n9zas

I'm sorry...DHS is short for really IDHS - Indiana Department of Homeland Security
They have there own set of Talk groups on the Safe-T system

Last edited:

W9NES

Yes IDOHS does have there own talkgroups on safe-t.It is listed in the Database.If it was federal Homeland Security they would have been either using cell phones or the Federal Frequenceis that are assigned to them for DHS( Department of HomeLand Security at the Federal Level of goverment)The Federal Task force for Terrorism is also taken care of at the Federal Level by the FBI.

KLH

Feed Provider
You didn't mention 31 either, and it IS a State Route, a highway is limited access not a State Route under Indiana DOT regs.....
Well if we want to get all picky, here is what the law says the definition of a "Highway" is for the state of Indiana.

Indiana Code. I.C. 9-13-2-175 defines a “street” or “highway” as the entire width between the boundary lines of every way publicly maintained when any part of the way is open to the use of the public for purposes of vehicular travel. The term includes an alley in a city or town.

del1964

Premium Subscriber
My first clue was "Indiana Breaking News" :wink:

Thank you......whew....I gotta be more careful about what I post on here. Yes, Indiana Department of Homeland Security. They did go through stoplights that day on some road in Indiana....my bad, I did not know where they were exactly. And by the way, I heard them again today on that same exact talkgroup ID and some guy said something like the "18 wheeler is coming close to the line....watch it" or something really strange like that. I was at work so I couldn't follow the conversation. Again sounded like a group of them moving together for "some" reason on "some" highway in Indiana...Normally all I hear from them is communication tests or someone saying they're leaving county in route to county.

Status
Not open for further replies.