DHS Radio Pocket Reference

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Fronm Andy W4JE on Scan-DC;

The Department of Homeland Security has issued a pocket "National Interoperability Field Operations Guide" which includes some handy
references to interoperability frequencies and other general frequency info.

According to the forward by Chris Essid, Director of DHS's Office of Emergency Communications, "The National Interoperability Field
Operations Guide (NIFOG) is a collection of technical reference material for radio technicians responsible for radios that will be used in
disaster response applications. The NIFOG includes information from the National Interoperability Frequency Guide (NIFG), the instructions for
use of the NIFG, and other reference material; formatted as a pocket-sized guide for radio technicians to carry with them."

The guide is available for free download at http://tinyurl.com/6bg3qu.

73 Mike

KC9NCF

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I need some help here. Every time I try to download this, my browser and computer just freeze up.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
It's nothing earth shattering. You can find most of the info in the link above me.

Perhaps not when you've got access to the wiki with the click of a mouse but I can see this being handy when/if all hell breaks loose and the internet and other routine services are not readily available. I've downloaded it and will be parking it in my "crackberry" when it comes later this week. :D

-AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.