DIA Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Denver: Plane Crash at DIA on it's nose 16L with smoke in the cabin, initial major response now Red Chief picking everyone else up.

O/F DIA-800, Online

Denver U/D: Plane down safely but reporting no fire but lots smoke in the cabin, and over 100 passengers, command post on W/C taxi area and numerous M/A enroute from Aurora and Adams County.

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
DIA U/D: EMS Capt onscene at the CP has cancelled all mutual aid ambs but asking DFD and DG units to standby at gate 1 off Jackson Gap.

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
DIA U/D: No injs and passengers are being bused to concourse C.

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
DENVER - A Delta Airlines flight landing at Denver International Airport made an emergency landing Wednesday evening.

Flight 1636 had a problem with its nose gear where it would not go down and the plane had to land with the nose gear up.

There were some sparks when the plane landed, but authorities say there were no injuries.

DIA sent buses to the tarmac to bring the passengers on board the flight to the concourse, according to DIA spokesperson Chuck Cannon.

There were 146 passengers and five crew members on board the plane which was coming to Denver from Salt Lake City.

Passengers say they circled the city several times before the pilot told them he would have to land with the landing gear up.

"It was scary," said Erica Smith, a passenger. "The pilot did a really good job though, reassuring everybody and calming them."

"We just braced and we got here," said Sylvia Lawson, another passenger. "The pilot was awesome. I'd fly with him any time. It was one of the smoothest landings that we've ever had flying. It really was. I've had landings where the landing gear was down and it was bumpier."

"Actually, what freaked everybody out is he (the pilot) said, 'I'll see you guys on the other side' right before it happened and he's like, 'I meant on the ground,'" said Smith's husband, Tyler.

The flight was scheduled to arrive at 6:24 p.m. and landed at around 6:40 p.m.

Passengers say many of them cheered when the plane landed and the pilot came into the cabin and talked to them once they were on the ground.

One passenger says the pilot told them he has trained for 200 different types of emergencies and that this was his first.

A spokesperson for Delta says a maintenance crew plans to look at the plane.

Status
Not open for further replies.