Diamond 220R_COMPCtenna Antennas

Status
Not open for further replies.

xcr2000

Premium Subscriber
I have been using, for over a year, a Diamond 220R mini-discone on a BCT15X, and a COMPCtenna w/ ground-plane on my BCD436HP; both antenna/scanner sets are located inside my top floor apartment; antenna are located adjacent to windows. Both combinations did quite well until about two weeks ago when I lost the ability to pickup a public safety, trunked system in SLC (AC33). The BCT display shows that it is searching for the control channel. I have checked the programming on the BCT and it is correct. I took my BCD mobile yesterday using the COMPACtenna on a mobile mount and I picked up the site with no problem; its performance was actually amazing. Afterward, I again tired the COMPACtenna with the base mount and I could not receive the site. Interestingly, I hooked my basic telescoping antenna up to the BCD, again inside the apartment at the same location, and it did a pretty good job of picking up the site; I am stumped.

Ubbe

And if you connect the telescope the the BCT?

Could be that one frequency is missing on the BCT15 or have been locked out.
Check that all frequencies in the BCT15 corresponds with the 436.

/Ubbe

DeepBlue

It is possible that a neighbor or the complex itself has added something that is creating enough RF at some freq that your scanners are getting "desensed" or desensitized by the front end getting swamped. In town here where I live I often caution folks against too much antenna causing this to happen. This is usually borne out if you can go mobile and it is better outside and moving about away from the location where you are having issues. Perhaps try a band scan and see if you pick up a lot of interference on a nearby frequency. A neighbor may have added a new large flat screen or fish tank heater or something. Just a thought.

prcguy

I would check the coax and connectors on the base mount and the contact inside the NMO mount on the base adapter.

I have been using, for over a year, a Diamond 220R mini-discone on a BCT15X, and a COMPCtenna w/ ground-plane on my BCD436HP; both antenna/scanner sets are located inside my top floor apartment; antenna are located adjacent to windows. Both combinations did quite well until about two weeks ago when I lost the ability to pickup a public safety, trunked system in SLC (AC33). The BCT display shows that it is searching for the control channel. I have checked the programming on the BCT and it is correct. I took my BCD mobile yesterday using the COMPACtenna on a mobile mount and I picked up the site with no problem; its performance was actually amazing. Afterward, I again tired the COMPACtenna with the base mount and I could not receive the site. Interestingly, I hooked my basic telescoping antenna up to the BCD, again inside the apartment at the same location, and it did a pretty good job of picking up the site; I am stumped.

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
Sent you a pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.