diamond antenna???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ervin1

would anyone know a dealer who has the diamond srh77ca antenna in stock every where i have checked it is on back-order

Grivo

Ditto on aesham.com. I bought mine from AES Orlando. Be sure to call the store first to make sure they have it.

Don't even bother calling Universal Radio as they are perpetually out of stock of everything. They ain't the Universal I loved so much ten years ago. :(

ervin1

i called all locations at AES and all are out of stock but thnks for the info guys. This must be a popular antenna

ervin1

thanks to yu all for yur info i tried all these dealers today even tried the manufacturer rfparts.com they said i would have to buy it from a dealer ..How can i buy it if none of the dealers has it ?? ha-ha ...thank yu guys for yur info it wuz appreciated greatly

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
I ordewred mine from universal today - I was told they are in stock and to expect mine by this thursday. Given all I've heard about the antenna I'm pretty darn excited.

Joe

hsdtech

Well I just ordered one from HRO. I hope it is worth the money. I will use it mainly for my dual band Yaesu VX-5 HT but also for scanning with my Pro-97 and 94.

Last edited:

JHaislet

joetnymedic said:
I ordewred mine from universal today - I was told they are in stock and to expect mine by this thursday. Given all I've heard about the antenna I'm pretty darn excited.

Joe

That's some bull**** right there! I've had the exact same antenna on BACKORDER from Universal Radio SINCE MAY 2006. They said there's a good possibility Diamond will get them to Universal by Mid-September and I should have it by the end of September.

As you can imagine, this is pretty damn frustrating to say the least...

hsdtech

Well I haven't received an email confirming shipment from HRO yet. Their website showed that it was in stock. I know they are a little higher than other online ham stores, but they at least show if their items are in stock on their website, ship fast and are always willing to help you out when you call.
I NEVER order anything from Universal, as everytime I've placed an order through their website they have ALWAYS been out of stock, no matter what the item was. They suck.

hsdtech

NEWS FLASH:

I just got off the phone with HRO and they said my order is processed and I will receive a tracking number shortly.

The News Flash is that the guy on the phone told me that HRO in Atlanta has PLENTY of these antennas IN STOCK.
So if you have been waiting to buy one, Ham Radio Outlet has them!

ervin1

just got off the phone with hro in atlanta georgia mine will be here in 2 days ..the salesman says they do! have plenty in stock and they are ready to be shipped on order little higher in price but beats waitin around for back-orders...also universal radio contacted them and they said out of stock till september

SLWilson

Universal Radio...

Grivo said:
Ditto on aesham.com. I bought mine from AES Orlando. Be sure to call the store first to make sure they have it.... Don't even bother calling Universal Radio as they are perpetually out of stock of everything. They ain't the Universal I loved so much ten years ago. :(

I ordered the Diamond NR770HA from Universal a few months ago. Had it in two days.

I DID have to wait a couple of weeks to get the programming software for my Yaesu HT and the cable to hook it to the PC, BUT, I had the radio in about three days when I bought it.

Steve/Gallia/KB8FAR ;)

ervin1

thanks again to the people in the forums at radio reference two weeks ago every dealer i called or e-mailed had this antenna on back-order expecting next shipment in september.I posted this thread and once again fellow scanner enthusiasts have came too the rescue..thnks again guys

wesct

the reason diamond was on backorder was because of the military. it seems they
love these antennas and they buy them in the thousands.

wesct

kd4bas

Monitoring, Hanging Out, & --mn-@v@-mn-- you.
Premium Subscriber
I ordered a Diamond NR770HA from Universal on 8/24/06 and got an e-mail that this antenna was back ordered until September15 2006 and that it would be shipped then. Looks like that may be a stretch. :lol:

It even looks like I'm getting charged $4.95 on the "back order shipping fees" I have not gotten an answer on if this is where I pay shipping for their back ordered items to be shipped to them or not. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.