diamond antenna???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ervin1

kd4bas try HRO in atlanta if they got em cancel yur order at universal these guys have several locations they can ship from chances are they got it. I know they got the srh77ca mine is supposed to be here today via UPS

hsdtech

I received mine today. 2 days after ordering from HRO. I haven't had a chance to test it on my HT yet, and I can't put it on my scanner yet because I have to wait for the sma/bnc adapter.

ImTheWeasel

So does anyone know for sure if one of these companies has any in stock?

Ive read here that HRO has them, however their website says they don't and a phonecall turned up no answer.

hsdtech

Well I know they HAD them. I received mine yesterday and it's on my Yaesu VX-5R HT. GREAT antenna. They may have ran out already.

hsdtech

GREAT Antenna

Well,

I thought I would post what I found so far by using my new Diamond SRH77CA antenna.
First I put it on my Yeasu VX-5R triple band HT. Awesome, really! There is one 2m repeater south of me about 50 miles away that I could barely hear with my stock HT antenna, as well as the Comet dual bander I just bought a few weeks ago.
I now have at least 3-4 S-Units now. On other repeaters where I would get "hash" when moving around is now completely gone. Now when I walk inside the house, around the backyard under the carport, etc. I get complete signal with no cutting in and out. This is on all repeaters I have programmed in the HT. That right there is definitely worth the money for me.
My SMA to BNC adapters came in today so I tried this antenna out on my Pro-97 and 94. EXCELLENT receive on ALL bands I have programmed, VHF through 800MHz.
It even receives 800MHz trunked better than my R.S. 800MHz antenna. All frequencies are coming in stronger. Neighboring systems are coming in a LOT stronger. I even tried VHF Air on my HT and heard plenty of traffic.
So in MY opinion, this IS a GREAT HT/Scanner antenna. Better than any other antenna that I have tried on any of my portables. WELL worth the money.
Now I will have to buy the BNC model to STAY on my scanner so the SMA model can stay on my HT.

-Bill

ImTheWeasel

I spoke with Steve @ Universal Radio via e-mail this afternoon and he informed me that their shipment of the RH77CA should be in by next week.

So keep your figners crossed!

:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.