diamond antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

hsdtech

Check out the threads in the antenna forum on the SMA version of this antenna. I have had mine for about a week and it is a great antenna. I use mine on my HT and my Pro-97.

ervin1

had mine about a week also on my 396t not really impressed with it ...my suggestion best all around antenna for the bucks is the radio shack 8oo mhz. for about $17.00 works great on all bands all yu will need is the sma -bnc connector supplied with yur 396t scanner from the factory. i would highly recommend this portable antenna for all bands and most of the stores have it in stock . i commonly listen to the 150- 160 mhz bands and it seems to work well even in the lower band-widths as well as the 800 . There is a motorola smartnet system 30 mi. south of me and they come in as clear as a bell. The local traffic here as well as the highway patrol is mostly 150s mhz p-25 and the shack antenna works great on these frequencies.. The srh77ca is ok but a seems to have alot of background noise during transmissions

hsdtech

I have the opposite results. The Diamond pulls in other 800MHz trunked systems better than the R.S. 800Mz antenna. My local system is the same on both antennas. Blows the R.S. away on VHF/UHF.

ervin1

nycirnwrkr i gave yu my opinion based on the fact thay we are both using the 396t they are sensitive scanners

hsdtech

nycirnwrkr said:
Considering i scan alot of different freqs does this one look to be a good all around antenna for the 396t http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/scanants/2368.html ?

I think if you try the Diamond you will see that it is probably one of THE best portable VHF/up antennas out there.
I have used mine on my Pro-97 AS WELL as on my Yaesu VX-5R Tri-Band tranceiver, which is also an ALL BAND Receiver. Sensetivity is Superb.
On BOTH radios the Diamond performed excellent on VHF, UHF, 800MHz. As I stated before it pulls in 800MHz trunked systems BETTER than the R.S. 800MHz antenna which I do like and still use.
VHF/UHF Air/MilAir is EXCELLENT using the Diamond where the R.S. couldn't even hear them.

If you want a single 800MHz band antenna go with the R.S. antenna since it is cheaper. BUT if you want to cover different bands, IMHO try the Diamond. I'm sure you will be amazed at it's performance. All the rave reviews can't all be wrong.

Good Luck.

Last edited:

nycirnwrkr

many thanks

Many thanks for all the help, you guys are great along with RR. Looks loke that Diamond a good bet and i will try it

ervin1

nycirnwrkr if yu are unable to find them in stock anywhere just give me a shout . I will be more than happy to sell yu mine . I received it 2wks ago still have the box and ticket from AES included only cost to yu 20 bucks plus shipping from texas

ImTheWeasel

Just got mine in today! All i can say is WOW. This antenna really is worth every penny spent. I took my stock duck off my PRO-95 and put the Diamond on, and immediately noticed a difference. Several frequencies that werent too clear before, now sound great! Ill be purchasing another one for sure!

Alain

When I bought my Pro-95, I immediately bought a RH77CA for it. I live in the mountains in Northern San Diego County and can pick up LAFD & LAPD 120+ miles to the northwest.

It runs rings around the stock antenna...

To test it for myself, I placed the stock antenna on the radio and scanned the NWS freq's on 162MHz. I got two hits. When I replaced the stock with the Diamond, I got 6.

Try this test for yourself, see what you discover...

Alain

Mach_1

Just received this afternoon, the two RH77CA's I ordered last week from Universal Radio (one for BC246T, and the other for a BC80XLT) and I must say that I am very pleased with the results. My 800 Mhz reception is the same as with my RS 800 antenna on the 246 , and I'm picking up so much more VHF on both scanners ...

Status
Not open for further replies.