Diamond RH77CA HT antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

nopicowboy

Anyone have any experience with this antenna? I've been doing some researching and am torn between it and the 815 for my Yaesu 5R'.

The 77' is like 30 bucks, which I dont have a problem paying.. But how good actually is it?

safetyobc

I have the 77 and use it on my Pro-97. It is a decent antenna for VHF-High and Air band. It works 100 times better than the stock!

I used it on my Yaesu VR-120, but I found that the extendable whip that came with my Pro-2055 is an excellent antenna for the VR-120.

But the 77 is a good antenna.

dimab

Striclty for HAM stuff, 77 is great for VHF/UHF.
I own the 77 and the 815. 77 will definately give you more reception and reach just based on it's size.
In the area that I live, I prefer the 815 because of it's size, and it gets me all the repeaters I need that I could also hit with the 77.

If you plan on using the antenna for scanning also, again 77 is awesome on VHF/UHF, but loses out on 800 over the 815.

On a side note:
I have been searching for an antenna that will do VHF all the way upto 800 for scanning, and I've gone through several antennas, and I'm back to the stock Uniden duckie that came with my BCD396 because it gets me everything I want better than any aftermarket so far. I am considering buying the Diamond SHR805 to use for local stuff. Anyone have experience with this little guy? Only 1.75" tall !!!
SRH805_2.jpg

K2GOG

dimab said:
.......On a side note:
I have been searching for an antenna that will do VHF all the way upto 800 for scanning, and I've gone through several antennas, and I'm back to the stock Uniden duckie that came with my BCD396 because it gets me everything I want better than any aftermarket so far. I am considering buying the Diamond SHR805 to use for local stuff. Anyone have experience with this little guy? Only 1.75" tall !!!
SRH805_2.jpg

Depends on how local is local. I use one of those and it is a good close in antenna when it comes to transmitting and as far as recieving goes, the higher the frequency, the better it seems to work. (400-480 is where I like to use it)

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
It makes a diff, compared to the stock antenna but I have a Larsen that is shorter (I dont know the model but it has a green tip) that is just as good.

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
I use a 77 on my Icom R-20 for air band monitoring- it performs well on VHF and UHF. I have used the same antenna on several wide band scanners with good results on all.

Status
Not open for further replies.