Diamond RH77CA Thumbs DOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed6698

I have 2 Diamond RH77CA, both fit my PSR 500 just fine, it is not loose or anything. I do own one that looks just like the Diamond, but it is a cheap knockoff that is totally loose at BNC, I don't even use it on any of my radios.

tugbuff

For those who have knocked the Diamond RH77CA scanner antenna that doesn't work on 800 mhz, it is not meant to work on 800 mhz. You need the right antenna for the frequencies that it is cut for. You can't run a 4,000 hp locomotive engine in a Volkswagen, or a Volkswagen engine in a locomotive. My Diamond RH77CA works well in the 2 meter ham band for both receive and transmit, and also on the marine and railroad frequencies which it is cut for. An antenna cut for 800 mhz, is not going to suit my needs for operating in that frequency range. But for those who exclusively want to monitor in the 800 mhz range, this one's for you. The Radio Shack Model 20-283 800MHz Scanner Antenna : Scanner Antennas | RadioShack.com. You shouldn't have a problem monitoring with this one. The right tool for the right job and purpose.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
The PSR 500 has the usual problems that plague GRE brand radios. Sensitivity on the front end, is WAY too hot! The RH77CA will overload the front end in almost every instance except in rural areas. In typical urban city environments, what the OP is experiencing is common. It is NOT a problem with the antenna.

Manny

Ed6698

The Diamond RH77CA works totally fine on the SAFE-T and the towns that are on analog by me here in Lake County with the PSR 500. I use this antenna all the time with no issues at all. Picks up 800mhz fine by me, the RS 800mhz antenna picks up just slightly better, maybe 1 bar better.

I got the Antenna today. So far an improvement of 2 bars. This IS a great Antenna, thanks for the comments on it. I based my decision to purchase because of the experiences mentioned here.

Status
Not open for further replies.