• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Diamond SG7500 2m/70cm antenna for 800 scanning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KI4LIV

Has anyone here tried using a Diamond Super-gainer SG7500 antenna for scanning 800mhz? I'm curious if there would be any benefit of picking one up for my scanners in my truck - right now I am using a Larsen 800mhz NMO mount - since I have been recently scanning more than just 800, I am wanting something a bit more broad banded, with still getting excellent 800 coverage, and utilizing a NMO mount.. Plus I really like how the Diamond antennas have the fold-down capability!

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.