Did Medevac change dispatch centers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Certainly sounding like familiar FFL comm center voices dispatching Medevac 1 and 2 today and not AMR like it had been in the past.

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks Jim<

speard

Premium Subscriber
I don't think the contract is up between the two agencies, but I'll try to find out.

NorthCOVideo

Premium Subscriber
It sounds to be true, been listening to them the last few minutes and it sounds like one of the FFL dispatchers, wonder if its a temp thing or more permanent, FFL certainly do respond quicker than AMR.

nathancarlson

An employee at North Colorado Medical Center told me this morning that they are dispatching their helicopters in house now (she said from inside the hospital) to help with the confusion of Medevac and Air Life. She said they had problems with helicopters coming in they did not know about, and Denver being dispatched instead of Medevac for some reason.

This is just what I heard, so it may not be 100% accurate, but thought I would pass it along. It seems to be a reliable source, but seems kind of strange to me. I am not real familiar with how the helicopters are dispatched once requested by the various agencies in the state.

NorthCOVideo

Premium Subscriber
I don't think that's the case, NCMC and Medevac already somewhat dispatched in house, they used their dispatch frequency as a med ch to the hospital as well as dispatch for Medevac. Like Jim said they are familiar FFL dispatcher voices on the other side, but I think only time will tell what is actually the answer. Their original dispatcher was AMR which interestingly was out of Colorado Springs, and they seemed to always have link problems between helicopter and dispatch center.

comm_manager

Confirmed. They have established their own comm center and plundered most of FFL's dispatchers. Not sure where they are physically located - but went live last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.