Did Osceola County go Encrypted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sscott721

I have been monitoring St. Cloud and Osceola County for years. Last year a SCPD Sergeant told me they were going digital eventually and this morning all has gone quiet.

Anybody know if this is what happened?

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Digital and encrypted are two different things. Either way, you should hear something. You'll probably have to reprogram your analog system as a P25 system if they've gone 100% digital.

gerstjo

I am currently monitoring the Osceola County System and it is still working fine. No digital, no new frequencies, no encryption. The digital system is not scheduled to be on the air until October.

John Gerstner
East Central Florida Scanner Page

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
One One Mixed Mode Listed

I have been monitoring St. Cloud and Osceola County for years. Last year a SCPD Sergeant told me they were going digital eventually and this morning all has gone quiet.

Anybody know if this is what happened?

I reviewed the RR DB for Osceola county. If this information is accurate, I found only one "M" or mixed mode talk group. I might add that this system was re-banded. Otherwise, it shows analog trunking.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

sscott, they have probably switched to a control channel that you do not have programmed in your scanner.

sscott721

Thanks for the responses. It started working again, but also went out again today. I'm going to go through everything and see if I can find anything.

gerstjo:

Is that going to be encrypted?

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver

If it worked, and then went out, they probably switched to a control channel that you do not have programmed.

sscott721

Yes, I think that was the issue. I entered all the alternate control channels and now it seems to work again.

Thank you for all the tips, it is much appreciated!

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Lesson Learned

When systems undergo re-banding, the RR DB may or may not be accurate since field observation is sometimes needed for verification.

I learned my lesson when I was visiting a city in New Mexico after the police analog trunking was re-banded. Previously, I programmed the identified control and alternate channels; however, when I was downtown the following day, the scanner was silent in the presence of a hot pursuit in the downtown area. After I programmed all of the system frequencies, the trunking resumed.

Glad you got your radio working again.

Status
Not open for further replies.