Did St Cloud change their TG (24444) or go encripted?

Jennifer_rose

Premium Subscriber
Might try the St Cloud Police Ops channels, specifically Ops 3 [24450]. Sometimes I get that on the other side of the county.
I don't monitor those much but I believe they use them a lot for EMS and fire as a common channel for calls.

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
Am only seeing county and EMS from st cloud towers. NO St Cloud PD. Thinning down my services to get faster scanning time.
I wonder why they switched to a completely different talkgroup? I would think adding encryption to the existing TG would be easier?

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
Will park my 8600 on the last freq I have of st cloud pd, 851.9500 and see if I get any bump out of it. If they transmit on this freq, should see it even though I cannot hear them if they are E.

stmills

I wonder why they switched to a completely different talkgroup? I would think adding encryption to the existing TG would be easier?
It has been fairly common to have new talkgroups set up when dispatch is switched to encrypted. I believe it is to allow testing on the encrypted group prior to the switch to full encryption.

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
Last 3 hours on that frequency with no bump. Am assuming I would hear garbled voice or something indicating a transmission. Correct?

Jennifer_rose

Premium Subscriber
Got a few hits now. 24012 NAC 405 was encrypted. Garbled voice. Did here a few non encrypted transmissions on this frequency.
Any idea if its just the Police channels or if they did Fire and EMS too? I have not had the chance to check yet.

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
This would be the perfect use case for Unitrunker. Run it for a week or so and it should be pretty easy to tell whats where.

sonm10

Central MN Monitor
Premium Subscriber
I'll drive down there at some point and run unitrunker or dsd+ (probably both) and figure out what's going on. Probably won't happen for a couple weeks though. New work schedule is brutal.

Jennifer_rose

Premium Subscriber
I'll drive down there at some point and run unitrunker or dsd+ (probably both) and figure out what's going on. Probably won't happen for a couple weeks though. New work schedule is brutal.
I look forward to the results and appreciate your time.

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
Am logging with proscan. The info I posted was from my R8600. Just looked over my logs this morning and no recording of 24012. Would think proscan would record a hit even though its garbled. Will set my sds200 on that frequency and see if it will record anything.

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
When I input the frequency manually, shows up as quick saved system with no talk group id or UID. Have to figure out another way to stay on one frequency and log every transmission. Anyone know how?