Did the Philadelphia frequencies change

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunder8671

Premium Subscriber
Hi all. I'm new to the scanner and just got a GRE-PSR-500. I used Win500 to web import the frequencies on Radio Reference to program the scanner and put in different lists of stuff to listen to. I live in the Far NE of Philadelphia. I can get some Montgomery County feeds and some Bucks County feeds and a lot of conversations on the Bristol Repeater. However , I never get any Philly Police, Fire or EMS calls at all. Did the frequencies change? If not, does anyone have suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

royldean

Just drove through philly on the way back from Cape May, and picked up lots of police activity on my 436. I updated the master database about a week ago, so assuming you imported as of about a week ago, no - nothing has changed.

thunder8671

Premium Subscriber
Cool thanks for the reply I'll clear everything out and try again. Thanks.

radio3353

The RR Database does not show any changes for Philadelphia in at least the past 7 days.

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
Make sure you are assigning the right talk groups to the right system for Philly- Police are on system one if I recall correctly and pretty much every other city department is on system two.

royldean

they are totaly different .. you need a scanner that receives phase 2

As saber has pointed out, I believe while you are correct about PI and PII being different, in this case Philly has Phase II equipment running a Phase I virtual system. Hence you should be able to get it just fine with a Phase I only scanner.

That is what I understand, at least.

thunder8671

Premium Subscriber
Thanks guys for the suggestions. Just to update I wiped scanner clean and reprogrammed again. I connect to philly and get a full signal but no sound at all looks like might have to get a new scanner [emoji19]

NobodyS

I would recommend a phase II capable scanner as the philly system is capable of phase II. Never know when they might upgrade to phase II

soberbyker

Premium Subscriber
I have a Radio Shack Pro-197 which was made by GRE and is basically the same as the GRE-PSR-600, the mobile version of the GRE-PSR-500 that you have thunder8671. The 197 is not phase 2 capable either.

I am currently listening to Philly PD, picking up various districts as well as the prisons, tow squad and a few others. So to answer your question, no things have not changed and I haven't updated the database in probably over a year. I am in Delaware County, PA outside of West Philly.

rjm022222

Premium Subscriber
I have RS Pro-106 and had the same problem. So I programmed system 1 with everything except police and system 2 with police only and it works just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.