Did you see Amtreks new website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLRAILMAN

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Yes, one in the same (Parody wise) As much as I love Amtrak, in it's beginning stages, they experienced some unforgettable growing pains, almost as bad as the Penn-Central merger. Only difference is Amtraks boss trots on up to Capitol hill, hat in hand & pretty much gets a blank check for their never ending capitol improvement plans since they are losely considered quasi-government, PC had no such power & were basicly too busy trying to incorporate the infastructures of two diverse railroads to be asking for anything, not that they would get it anyway. Amtraks rank & file also put out an excellent newsletter blasting Amtraks incompetence, however I think the suits shut it down as it was revealing very embarassing in-house mismanagement.

FLRAILMAN

Oh now thats funny. As someone who has enjoyed the Amtrak experience, the Amtrek website brought up lots of fond memories of my travels. Partly the reason I now travel by motorhome and watch trains from the comfort of our own "coach"!

FLRAILMAN

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Did you see Amtreks new website

Greg, Amtraks on time record is still lousy, but they run very fast though. Remember when Amtrak first aquired the dying Penn-Centrals intercity passenger service with it's slow & very late trains? Sometimes the PC trains wouldn't even show up at all. Well that's all different now, some of the Amtrak trains are still late but they travel very fast. (Pun Intended) Here is some memory lane stuff, enjoy.

Penn Central Transportation Company - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Amtrak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

FLRAILMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.