Didn't expect this on the waterfall

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidplate

Caught what appeared to be the image of a ham callsign on 40 mtrs last night. It made me wonder if it was from digital SSTV. I tuned to 14.233 this morning and sure enough, when these stations I.D.'d an image would appear on the waterfall.

Attachments

• 100_1403.jpg
    100_1403.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 2,882
Last edited:

skidplate

As my curiosity grew I did install Easypal and played with that for a little while. I dont know why it shows up reverse image on the sdr wf but normal image on Easypal wf.

travisd

As my curiosity grew I did install Easypal and played with that for a little while. I dont know why it shows up reverse image on the sdr wf but normal image on Easypal wf.

Looks like it's designed for a waterfall moving top to bottom, vs. bottom to top.

majoco

Stirrer
The waterfall of course 'falls' down the screen and scans left to right - therefore the first point that would be painted is the bottom left corner of the "N" on the screen then work its way along the bottom bits of all the characters, then do the second line from the bottom until finished. Therefore it prints upside down. The hellscreiber program is oriented the other way up so that it does print correctly.

Just like Travis said.

Status
Not open for further replies.