Difference between BCT996T and BCT996XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canvoodoo

This is my first post on RadioReference.com.

I used to be into scanning a long time ago (late 80's), but got out of the hobby.

Now, I'm planning to get back in again, and I'm planning the radio install for a car that I'm planning to get this fall. I've decided that I'd like to add a scanner to the mix.

While there isn't much in the way of digital trunking systems in use in my area at the moment, they're under evaluation, and I'm pretty sure that they will come eventually. So thinking long term, it probably makes sense to get a scanner that supports digital.

If I were to purchase new, that would suggest a BCT996XT. However, I've also seen some BCT996T's for sale on the used market. However, I'm not sure what the differences between the two radios are. Can anyone enlighten me?

Voodoo

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Patched system handling (when 2 groups combine) is a big one espessially for OPP in ontario. The 996XT handles patches the 996T does not.

Memory 9000 vs 25000 channels on the XT
7 different backlight colours on the XT vs 2 on the T

The XT is the newest/latest base model. The used T could be from 2006-2009.
Hopefully the XT will continue to have firmware enhancements/bug fixes ... I doubt anymore will come for the T

The XT in my opinion sounds amazing right out of the box.

If your in ontario/canada send me a PM or email I can give u a price on both (a used T or used XT or even a new XT)

Status
Not open for further replies.