Difference betwwen Live Audio on RR and scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

new_to_scanners

Premium Subscriber
I turn on my Uniden Scanner and pick up some of what I hear on the live audio on this site for Phoenix. But live audio has SO much more activity. Shouldn't I be receiving the same traffic on my scanner as I hear on the live audio?

KB5ILY

It depends on several factors, but they include:
Your location in relation to the Feed Provider,
programming of your scanner,
programming of the Feed Provider's scanner,
outside antennas connected to either scanner,
etc.

InlandAZ

I've always made it a practice to include the Interop frequencies as well as a private-call wildcard for the sites I monitor. Several days ago Chandler called in for Ranger Air support, and sure enough, clear as day, they were communicating (Ground to Air) on the Interop talk groups. You'd be surprised what you hear on them from time to time.

Like the previous response stated, it's probably just your programming or location.

Edit -

I'm curious, which feed are you listening to? I don't see one for Glendale.

Last edited:

new_to_scanners

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, that makes perfect sense. I really need to update my scanner too. I listen to the Phoenix feed and it is soooooooo busy compared to what I get on my scanner.

Astrak

It also depends on what simulcast you're monitoring. Simulcast A will carry all Phoenix PD traffic the other simulcasts won't.

N5AMS

you also gotta factor in that the feeds going through the internet has about a 30 second delay

Astrak

If you want to catch other stuff, I always threw in PSAP and G decks in with the Phoenix PD talkgroups when I had my Phoenix PD live feed up. PSAP will always come off of A and the other major simulcasts, G decks won't. If there is something of interest G decks will usually be localized to the simulcast that the users are nearest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.