Difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

del1964

Premium Subscriber
Am wanting to know what the difference between having selected and not selected the Control Channel Only option on the BCD396XT particularly on the 800 MHZ Motorola P25 system used by Indiana SAFET system. Apologize if this has already been covered. I've been leaving it "unselected" and not having any issues.

spooney

If you have "Control Channel Only" turned off, then you must have all the freq's entered for each system in order to receive everything. With it on, all you need is the control channel freq and the scanner follows the data from channel to channel.

cpuerror

With the latest firmware, it always operates in cco mode and can't be turned off. So I guess thats one less decision to have to worry about.

del1964

Premium Subscriber
ok

Ok...I hear what you're saying now. I understand it a lot better. However,,,,,,,,I read somewhere that sometimes the control channels will change or can be changed. Would a person not then be able to hear traffic then if it was set to C-Ch only?

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Ok...I hear what you're saying now. I understand it a lot better. However,,,,,,,,I read somewhere that sometimes the control channels will change or can be changed. Would a person not then be able to hear traffic then if it was set to C-Ch only?

If you check the database here on RR, all the control channels are highlighted in red, and the alternates in blue. If you have all of those programmed you will not miss anything. The frequencies in black are voice channels that the control channels will automatically pass through to your scanner. So it is not necessary to program them.

If you check the database here on RR, all the control channels are highlighted in red, and the alternates in blue. If you have all of those programmed you will not miss anything. The frequencies in black are voice channels that the control channels will automatically pass through to your scanner. So it is not necessary to program them.

Good idea to have cc only on, and all the RR database frequencies included. Then jot down ALL the frequencies that come up during operations noting in particular the ones that may not be in the RR database. Do this in the beginning when the system is new for you. Then use ALL frequencies, the known control channel frequencies and the voice channel frequencies you find in the RR database, and include those you may have picked up that are not in the RR database. There is a possibility that one of the voice frequencies you discovered may be used at some time as the control channel.

djmorgan

Does rebanding matter

Are the comments about having the system follow the talk groups properly using cc-only also true for rebanded systems? I presume you still have to put in the rebanding plan (I am using the BCD996XT).

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
On Motorola Type11 3600baud trunk systems you need the "rebanding info along with just the freqys with CC capability, on 9600baud systems ex: ILL-Starcom 700/800 digital trunk system you only need the new rebanded CC freqys as it sets the rebanding automaticly...

Status
Not open for further replies.