• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Differences between two XTS1500 radios

Flameout00

I have been experimenting (somewhat unsuccessfully) with the ASTRO 25 Portable CPS software to program two XLS1500 radios. I was just wondering why (in the photo) one radio shows "Trunking" tab while the other doesn't and one shows a "Secure" tab and the other doesn't. Also, in the Radio Information window, why are they different under that Feature Set tab? Probably stupid questions but I'm still trying to learn this software. I was mainly just trying to figure out how to set up scan, but got distracted by all the other stuff

20230328_150420.jpg

Flameout00

XTS-1500?

Different flashcodes. The radios have different feature sets activated.
OK, thanks. Still trying to get the hang of this Motorola stuff. Even though this radio is old, it performs (rx and tx) much better than these newer (cheaper) radios, but much more complicated. At least for me it is. I honestly don't even know what half of the settings in the software even do

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
OK, thanks. Still trying to get the hang of this Motorola stuff. Even though this radio is old, it performs (rx and tx) much better than these newer (cheaper) radios, but much more complicated. At least for me it is. I honestly don't even know what half of the settings in the software even do

Yeah, there is a steep learning curve on a lot of the higher tier radios. At least with the older Motorola's like that, there's a lot in hobby use and others will be happy to assist.

Flameout00

Yeah, there is a steep learning curve on a lot of the higher tier radios. At least with the older Motorola's like that, there's a lot in hobby use and others will be happy to assist.
Good to know, thanks. I'm mainly just using them as a scanner for local public safety and another zone for gmrs. So far so good. Still tying to figure out different scanning options and the Conventional Personality thing. Also wondering about screen display. I actually printed out the manual for this radio and there was an image of the screen. I couldn't find any setting that allow all that stuff, like displaying the time

Screenshot_20230319-163750_Drive.jpg

K2NEC

The 1500 has no buttons on the front and the bottom 2 lines on the display are for button options. You won't see that on your radio. And since you don't have the buttons on the front to adjust the time, it won't show up either.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
Good to know, thanks. I'm mainly just using them as a scanner for local public safety and another zone for gmrs. So far so good. Still tying to figure out different scanning options and the Conventional Personality thing. Also wondering about screen display. I actually printed out the manual for this radio and there was an image of the screen. I couldn't find any setting that allow all that stuff, like displaying the time

View attachment 139112
I don't know why they put that in the XTS1500 Model 1.5 user guide. Thats confusing crap, its the one they use in all the other XTS user guides. laziness I suppose to make one specific to the 1500. without keypad those options not available