Different Systems MARCS-IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckeyerl

Good last night on Delaware. But I'm confused when OSP air or CPD chopper is called to assist. Delaware is on COIRS and OSP is MARCS conventional. There is also an MARCS IP for Delaware SO-21 which is where air to car transmissions were supposed to be taking place. I had the MARCS conventional ID 62912 in scanner but heard nothing. Do you think they were on MARCS IP 54540?? How do two different agencies communicate when they are on different systems?? Thanks for any info.. Ralph

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Good last night on Delaware. But I'm confused when OSP air or CPD chopper is called to assist. Delaware is on COIRS and OSP is MARCS conventional. There is also an MARCS IP for Delaware SO-21 which is where air to car transmissions were supposed to be taking place. I had the MARCS conventional ID 62912 in scanner but heard nothing. Do you think they were on MARCS IP 54540?? How do two different agencies communicate when they are on different systems?? Thanks for any info.. Ralph

The highway patrol has not yet migrated to MARCS-IP, but if their radio is set up properly could operate directly on COIRS. The same is true for the CPD chopper, and if CPD is who was helping out it's most likely that they went directly to COIRS.

Status
Not open for further replies.