Difficulty Scanning Miami City P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

resnickm

👨‍💻 📡 🚑
Premium Subscriber
I know the city's P25 system is fairly new (and still seems to be underway), but I was hoping someone had some insight to its current status/functionality.

I set up an SDR last week and programmed in the P25 system and was able to pick up fairly decent audio for a few days. All of a sudden, it just went quiet. I didn't adjust anything with the SDR, and programmed the county P25 system to check that the setup was working (was able to pick up that system with no problems). Anyone have any ideas? Is it still too early in the transition process to rely on that system?

Any thoughts would be helpful!

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
All city services have fully transitioned from their analog Moto system to the new Harris P25 system. The new system has an additional 3 sites on the north, west and south areas of the city. Don’t know where you’re monitoring from but I’m in deep southern Dade county and I’m hearing them with an Omni-X antenna at 22 feet up just fine.

blackbelter

Using my Unication G5 with its stubby antenna and in my car , I can monitor the Dade county from the north end of the Broward line/ Turnpike and the City from Hollywood. Amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.