BC796D: Digital Card Missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
I came across a BC796D for $50, but it is missing the APCO 25 card. Funny as I thought these all came factory installed. Anyway, is this the same card that the BC785 takes? I found one on eBay, and will spend the money if I know it works.
Thanks!

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
Wow that's a long thread. From what I can gather, the cards ARE the same- but may require a firmware update? Anyone else with a sharper set of eyes care to make sense of those threads?

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
That is all I can find on that card. If I read the post right it said you upgrade the scanner and i96 card then the i25 card would work. I only have a 785D with i25 card and no 796D to test with.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
Interesting! Now if I can find one under $100 I'll be set. There's a guy on eBay selling them for $140 now.

N9PBD

Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately (for most), a lot of people part out the BC796Ds, and sell the P25 cards separately. I guess they figure they can get more for them that way, but it makes it a pain for the folks like the OP, that's looking for a set. I lucked out and got my BC796D intact, and found a BCi25D for my BC785D for a good price on eBay. You just have to watch the auctions, and pounce on one when you see it going low on an auction.

Status
Not open for further replies.