Digital Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

duffer

Can anyone help me out here, I have an old BC250D, and am getting tired of just listening to MOH and snowplows. If anyone would have a digital card laying around that they would like to get rid of, could you please let me know, and a price you may be asking. The scanner still works like new, but I need the card to receive OPP etc. Monitoring has become quite boring for me, and I used to be a junkie. thanks in advance for any help.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
That digital card is pretty rare to find as most people use it in their current radios etc.
A couple I have seen posted online/ebay were not cheap $150-$200+

try to post a "wanted" ad in the classifieds section

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Can anyone help me out here, I have an old BC250D, and am getting tired of just listening to MOH and snowplows. If anyone would have a digital card laying around that they would like to get rid of, could you please let me know, and a price you may be asking. The scanner still works like new, but I need the card to receive OPP etc. Monitoring has become quite boring for me, and I used to be a junkie. thanks in advance for any help.

I am looking for one as well, same situation as Duffer but I do at least have other scanners that do digital.

Duffer-the 250 will not work with the new Halton P25 system.

Why dont you just buy a different scanner? I can understand all too well that the prices can be prohibitive at times thou.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Tap it and feed it to DSD+. If my 246T can monitor the OPP, your non-digital 250D should be up to the task.

Andrew: Not everyone is adapt at slicing and dicing scanners (duffer: Slicerwizard does an amazing job at tapping scanners, and more! He rules!)

Duffer: If you want to hear what you are missing meet me at a Tims one day, I'll bring my scanner with me.

It is very barren in Halton these days. Halton uses a P25 system that some of the older digital scanners cannot track accurately. To make matters worse, Halton Police are encrypted. You can hear works, by-law (zzzzzzzz) and thank goodness fire. Thats still ITC.

Hamilton's P25 system is pretty much all unscannable. If there is anything left on their old system its not worth scanning. Peel is moving to a new P25 system and so is Toronto. And York, and Durham. To join Guelph, you get the picture.

You can still hear the MOH, they are very active. The MTO road crews are still ITC.

You are missing the OPP. If you came across a digital card you could hear them for now.

If I was in your position and had $ and had a desire to scan, I'd pick up one of the newer Uniden scanners (very easy to use and program) that can monitor the newest P25 technologies now being used with the Metrolinks system (as for how and why there is new P25 I am the wrong person to ask or explain).

Or you can get an older GRE or Uniden model. There is a fine gentleman who frequents this forum and I am his agent and I get 10% of all referrals (lol, kidding). He can either jump in here or pm me and I can get you in touch with him. He has good prices and he will take the time to help you.

A case in point of how nice this person is: When I sold my 396T to one of his clients to finance my Home Patrol this gentleman loaned me one of his RS or GRE scanners till my new scanner was shipped. He did not know me outside of this forum but he drove to one of my co-workers who lived close by and trusted me enough to allow me to get my scanner fix.

I havent forgotten this and I will refer everyone to him until he says stop.

E

sirsmiley

With a good scanner antenna you can pick up OPP still via UHF beat repeaters/vehicle repeaters for most of the conversations....not very helpful with a portable radio however....you would miss some car to dispatch transmissions that are P25 only unless someone else in the area has UHF repeater on.

bpsmicro

Just to add, there's still some resale value in an older 250, so if you go the new scanner route, you can recoup some of your investment. I can't say how much, but it may take some of the sting out of your new purchase. :)

Brad.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
vindictive42 two of your links are for the same seller & I guess you missed the (I will only ship to US addresses.) part.

Pricey also, IMO, $175 for a re-conditioned card. The other guy is listing it at $125, better.

Do a search of some of the scanners, I am pretty sure that you can get a digital scanner for a decent price. Your 250 already is probably 10 years out dated.

kirk23

Pierrefonds (West Island Montreal) Qc Canada
DUFFER...
Contact TORONTOKRIS (the member in the 2nd post in this thread) he sometimes has used scanners for sale that he takes in trade when he sells new ones. Maybe he has something at a good price.
"KRIS" is in Scarborough ..he doesn't promote himself in the forum in order to sell stuff.. but he's honest and fair.. I have gone to Toronto twice to buy radios of him. There are several other members on here that will give you positive feedback about him..

duffer

Thanks for all the replies. I guess I'm going to have to go the new scanner route. Does anyone have an idea of what I may recoup on my BC250. I'd rather go the new route than the card, as it won't get phase 2. Any input would be appreciated.

kirk23

Pierrefonds (West Island Montreal) Qc Canada
Thanks for all the replies. I guess I'm going to have to go the new scanner route. Does anyone have an idea of what I may recoup on my BC250. I'd rather go the new route than the card, as it won't get phase 2. Any input would be appreciated.

Like I said in the earlier post..Contact TORONTOKRIS.. he can give you a fair and honest estimate on what your radio could get on a trade in or selling it privately..

duffer

Can "tell me what this "tapping" thing Is? I'm old school. Program the frequency, and listen. that's what I've done since I was a kid living at home with my folks, now I'm over 50, .and I guess way out of the loop

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Can "tell me what this "tapping" thing Is? I'm old school. Program the frequency, and listen. that's what I've done since I was a kid living at home with my folks, now I'm over 50, .and I guess way out of the loop

Slicer=You are the man!
You know that I worship at the church of Slicerwizard and all its loyal constituants.
Duffer-Google search and search on here discriminator tap.

Status
Not open for further replies.